Recipe Chicken Quesadilla Soup

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
5:28 PM
I don't remember where I got this recipe. I've had it for awhile. I've tweaked it a few different ways and this is the best version imo.

Crock pot recipe. This is as easy as it gets. It was absolutely delicious.

Ingredients
(I made a double batch, cut everything in half if you don't want it for a few days).

2 Onions
6 Chicken Breasts (I used 4, but two were pretty big)
1 large can (20 ounce I think) of diced tomato's. I used garlic and basil, anything would work
1 large can of enchilada sauce
2 cans of Chicken Broth ( used homemade broth, but either works fine)
2 tsp's each of Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt
Black Pepper to taste
2 bay leafs
4 cloves of garlic
2-4 small cans of green chili's
1 package of frozen corn (I tried corn on the cob and didn't notice a difference)
1 can of black beans

Method
  1. Get a crock pot out (we have a pretty big one). Dice the onions and put on the bottom of the crockpot. Put the Frozen Chicken Breasts on top of the onions.
  2. Add the Diced tomato's, Enchilada Sauce, green chili's, chicken broth, spices/bay leaf.
  3. Cook it on high for about 6-7 hours checking occasionally. About an hour before it is done add the corn/black beans. When done remove the chicken and shred it. Add it back to the soup. It is now ready to serve.
When we served it I added some tortilla strips, sour cream, and sharp cheddar (calls for Parmesan) and freshly sliced Jalapenos

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds delicious with all those chillies (I love chillies). I did wonder if it would really need that long to cook although I suppose when using a crockpot (slow cooker in UK) then longer cooking can mean better flavours!

Sounds delicious with all those chillies (I love chillies). I did wonder if it would really need that long to cook although I suppose when using a crockpot (slow cooker in UK) then longer cooking can mean better flavours!
B

No it doesn't need to cook that long. that time length is for frozen chicken if it's already thawed just cook in till it's done. But cooking at this way allows me to throw it on and forget about it for the day

B

No it doesn't need to cook that long. that time length is for frozen chicken if it's already thawed just cook in till it's done. But cooking at this way allows me to throw it on and forget about it for the day

Good point! One of the great things about slow cooking!

detroitdad
A wonderful dish. I am hungry!
My Sister makes a chicken tortilla soup that is her family's favorite.
I love soup.
G was @ his hunting camp this weekend with a bunch of guys. He brought a turkey that he had cooked in his Big Easy infrared "fryer". One of the guys brought a bone in ham. He used the ham bone with extra ham to make a white bean soup. With the turkey carcass he made a turkey and celery soup. His camp freezer is stocked with soup. A great, easy meal for when they come in from the woods. Both filling and warming.

Back
Top Bottom