Chicken satay ala Singapore style.

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:31 PM
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

i was in central,city a week or so and bought Singapore satay skewers, the peanut sauce was amazing, so after giggling it I came up with 2 recipes and printed them off and I've just made the sauce, it's amazingly close to what I had. I'm really happy with it. Dinners not til 3 hrs away but I'm really happy ATM.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never made peanut sauce for anything and I'm not sure why. Maybe I always think its too calorific! Is it a spicy sauce with chilli?

It was not too chilli as I'm not big on chilli, although I grow them and make chilli sauce for my family. It's really nice with kebabs or skewers. I make another satay using peanut butter. This one I made has completely different ingredients. The Singapore one has galangal and lemon grass in it. And peanuts dry roasted and crushed. The one I made was quite labour intensive. I'm making it again as its really nice. I'll change a few things around to suit me. It's how I perfect my recipes.

Russ
I've never made peanut sauce for anything and I'm not sure why. Maybe I always think its too calorific! Is it a spicy sauce with chilli?

I've never been keen on peanut butter so I refrain from using it for satay sauce. I have lived in Malaysia and Singapore where it's quite popular but just not for me.

I've never been keen on peanut butter so I refrain from using it for satay sauce. I have lived in Malaysia and Singapore where it's quite popular but just not for me.

I think that has been my reasoning (plus the calories) but perhaps I ought to make some for others here who all seem to like peanut butter.

Back
Top Bottom