• 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 100 ml plain yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon pureed garlic
  • 1 teaspoon pureed ginger
  • 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
700 gm Chicken breast trimmed and cut into 25 mm cubes.
I medium onion roughly chopped

Method
  1. Grind all the marinade spices to a fine powder.
  2. Add the ground spices and the remaining marinade ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
  3. Put the chicken cubes into a bowl and pour over the marinade.
  4. Mix well, ensuring the chicken is well coated.
  5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2 s.jpg

6. Soak sufficient kebab sticks in water (allow for four chicken pieces per stick).
7. Thread the chicken onto the sticks leaving a gap between the pieces.
8. Place on a grill tray with a little olive oil and scatter around the onions. Grill, turning the kebabs two or three times, for about 12 minutes or until the tikka is brown.
9. Serve with the onions, salad, rotis and/or naan.

chicken tikka 2 s.jpg

I'm wondering what else could be Tikka'd. Would vegetables work? I'm thinking of the vegan son... Maybe it would need to be an absorbent vegetable like aubergine... or perhaps tofu. There is a new tofu product in the UK which is very good as it holds its shape - it also comes in Indian spiced or smoked versions.

I'm wondering what else could be Tikka'd. Would vegetables work? I'm thinking of the vegan son... Maybe it would need to be an absorbent vegetable like aubergine... or perhaps tofu. There is a new tofu product in the UK which is very good as it holds its shape - it also comes in Indian spiced or smoked versions.

I am only aware of fish tikka. The thought of aubergine or tofu tikka is fascinating but I shall leave that up to you.....

:sick:

If you remember First Lieutenant Milo Minderbender; he tried to sell chocolate coated Egyptian cotton.

He didn't succeed mind.

Back
Top Bottom