Recipe Chicken wings with honey

djordjem87

Veteran
Local time
2:58 AM
Although i am a vegetarian my friends are usually not and they simply love my food or they are too lazy to make it themselves. Anyway, occasionally i make some chicken wings for them and this is one of the recipes they like the most.
ingredients:(it is not so precise, you taste and choose how you like it)
-As many chicken wings you want
- Marinade :
You need to marinate the wings over night for this one. The ingredients for a marinade are as follows.
- garlic ( one or two cloves)
- honey ( few spoons)
- soy sauce ( for some 16 wings i put 3 tbsp)
- some chilly peppers
- and a spice you like ( they prefer Dill or thyme)

- So, mix all the ingredients to make a thick sauce. Place the wings in metal container in one layer and pour the marinade. Cover with cling-foil and make sure no air comes in. Put in a fridge for at least 24 hours.
Heat the BBQ or the oven. I prefer BBQ. Adjust medium heat and put the wings. Feel free to use the marinade for soaking the wings while on the BBQ. But don't overdo it. Wings should have strongly browned crust when done. Because of the honey and soy sauce. Sweet and spicy.

Djordjem87, I love when a recipe is provided straight from your kitchen. I can't say I've done just that but when you consider I always add my own twist to most recipes, it could be considered a recipe straight from my kitchen. I love wings,so this recipe would interest me. Welcome to the forum. You can have a big start by entering the The Cooking Bites Recipe Challenge and winning. You can find more details here:
https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/the-cookingbites-recipe-challenge.6160/page-5#post-41912

Last edited:
Wow, this is a great recipe, I think I will try this. It looks simple as well as easy to follow. I have never tried honey with chicken.

That looks awesome Djordjem 87. Yesterday, I was in the hospital as part of a research study..I am not ill thankfully. Anyway, I was confined to the bed while they were doing medical procedures on me..and both arms were inaccessible. There was not much to do but watch TV, and a woman on TV made honey barbecue, boneless chicken wings..they looked simply divine.

Now that sounds amazing, I usually do my wings on my Philips air fryer, they taste so good!

This looks great. Instead of using the oven when I make wings I use the T-Fal Acti Fry. It's fantastic. You just have to drop the wings in and add any sauces you like to flavour your wings. Turn on your actifry and in 30 minutes you have great wings. No fuss. Sometimes we just cook the wings plain and eat them with salt. Other times I'll add spices or my husband likes hot food so I'll add siracha, texas hot sauce, and some chilis. He loves them.

Is there a chicken wing recipe that is unique to your location just like the recipe you shared about ajvar? I think the marinade with soy sauce and honey could also be found in the Korean and Japanese versions.

ive cooked a similar dish before, its lovely and really easy. would highly recommend people giving it a go :)

I've used this same recipe before but with the addition of seseme seeds on top. It's delicious. Chicken and honey are just two things that naturally go well together. Even over top of my fried chicken (back when I could still eat it) I would drizzle the top with honey when I would serve it. Great recipe, thank you for posting!!

Back
Top Bottom