Recipe Chicken with a Banana Curry sauce

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
2:53 PM
I pulled the recipe from Food and Wine's website. Then I tweaked it to my own fitting. I added a half of a small onion, one garlic clove, cayenne seasoning to taste. I also made my own curry powder.

Ingredients
  • 2 large bananas, cut into pieces
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder (homemade)
  • 2 teaspoons ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • Grated zest of 1 lime
  • 4 teaspoons lime juice
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup water, more if needed
  • 4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 1/4 pounds in all), skin removed
  • 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (optional)
  • Half of a small onion
  • one garlic clove
  • cayenne pepper

How to Make It
Step 1
Heat the oven to 450°. In a food processor or blender, puree the bananas, curry powder, coriander, dry mustard, butter, lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of the water.

Step 2
Make a few deep cuts in each chicken breast and put the breasts in a roasting pan. Pour the curry sauce over the chicken, making sure the sauce gets into the cuts. Roast in the bottom third of the oven until the chicken is just done, about 20 minutes.

Step 3
Remove the roasting pan from the oven and remove the chicken breasts from the pan. There should be plenty of thick sauce in the bottom of the pan. Set the pan over moderate heat and whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup water. Continue to whisk until the sauce is heated through, adding more water if you want a thinner sauce. Serve the chicken breasts with the sauce over them.

Dinner is prepped and ready to go. All I have to do is cook it :)

20181104_140914.jpg
20181104_143523.jpg

Just got this dish prepped. I'll be cooking it for a friend tonight. Hopefully it tastes just as good as the first time!

The banana turned me off. Not a big fan of bananas. Wouldn't have eaten one since I was a kid. I've never ever bought one, not even one. But it does look good!

Russ

Back
Top Bottom