Chickpea flatbread

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
5:14 PM
I recently learned that you can buy chickpea flour at the store and use it to make Mediterranean flatbread with. The idea sounds delicious, but where do you find chickpea flour at?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the cheapest way to purchase gram flour is to buy it in 5kg bags from my Asian supermarket.
I use it in a lot of recipes and have posted up one for La Socca as well which is a Mediterranean flat bread/pancake made using gram flour (also garbanzo flour). The recipe is here on CB.
https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/la-socca.1797/ I think it is basically the same thing you are referring to but without a reference or a recipe it is hard to know.

I recently learned that you can buy chickpea flour at the store and use it to make Mediterranean flatbread with. The idea sounds delicious, but where do you find chickpea flour at?
I'm not sure if you are asking us where we get it from or where you can get it from. In your neck of the woods it is said that Ethiopian stores stock it. Note that its also called garbanzo bean flour or besan flour or gram flour if you go looking. But you can get it delivered from here:
http://www.bobsredmill.com/garbanzo-bean-flour.html
You might also find it in whole food stores. In the UK, I get it from Asian shops.

Good to know that it is also referred to as garbanzo bean flour. I was asking what type of store to get it from because I don't think you can find it in a regular grocery store. We have a couple Asian food markets around here so I will check it out. I like the fact that it is gluten free. Trying to expand my culinary skills and it looks like this flour would be fun to work with. I like some good flat bread. Can you cook flat bread in a skillet or is it best to bake it?

Good to know that it is also referred to as garbanzo bean flour. I was asking what type of store to get it from because I don't think you can find it in a regular grocery store. We have a couple Asian food markets around here so I will check it out. I like the fact that it is gluten free. Trying to expand my culinary skills and it looks like this flour would be fun to work with. I like some good flat bread. Can you cook flat bread in a skillet or is it best to bake it?
Skillet is fine and will probably produce the best result.

I have little knowledge of flatbread, my daughter just purchased some which I still have not tasted. The idea of making bread out chickpea flour is one I will have to look into soon. I want to do something different in the kitchen, other types of food like learn to cook asian inspired recipes.

Back
Top Bottom