Chili! What's your Pleasure?

CraigC

Guru
Local time
3:15 PM
I see many recipes for chili, but no thread devoted specifically to this wonderful stew. Doesn't matter if it has meat in it or vegetarian or vegan, lets see some favorite recipes!:D

I've posted this recipe before, but keeping with the idea of having a single thread with recipes, here it is again.

BLACK BEAN, YELLOW PEPPER, AND CUMIN CHILI
Ingredients
6 tblsp olive oil
1 12-oz onion coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
1 large yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1-1/2 tblsp cumin seeds
4 tsp minced canned chipotle chilies
2-4 garlic cloves (to taste), chopped fine
3 15-oz cans black beans, well drained
2 14-1/2 oz cans diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
2 cups vegetable broth
Directions
1) Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
2) Add onion, bell pepper, and cumin seeds. Saute until onion is soft and golden, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
3) Add chipotles and garlic andstir 30 seconds.
4) Add black beans, diced tomatoes with juices, and vegetable broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium.
5) Simmer uncovered until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally,about 30 minutes.
6) Transfer 2 cups of chili to blender or processor. Blend to coarse paste, return to pot.
7) Simmer chili to thicken as desired.
8) Season to taste with salt and pepper.

I've posted this recipe before,

I think I've seen it before - I meant to ask at the time (but probably forgot) - how many people is the recipe intended to cater for?

Three cans of black beans and two of tomatoes - you're looking to feed a small village?

Maybe we should a village fete here in November - this would work brilliantly as a central course.

I think I've seen it before - I meant to ask at the time (but probably forgot) - how many people is the recipe intended to cater for?

Three cans of black beans and two of tomatoes - you're looking to feed a small village?

Maybe we should a village fete here in November - this would work brilliantly as a central course.

We originally made this to test before having it as a main for a Halloween party where one of the guests was vegan. We used to really do up Halloween and many of the neighborhood kids referred to our house as the "Halloween House".

36788-albums322-picture7138.jpg

36788-albums322-picture7139.jpg

36788-albums322-picture7140.jpg

keeping with the idea of having a single thread with recipes, here it is again.

I love chilli! The more recipes the better.

Its forum policy to have recipes as separate threads - that is because they then become searchable both by external search engines and on the forum. But there is no problem at all having a thread like this with recipes linked into the thread. Its best to post the recipe as a new thread with a link back here.

I have some leftover frozen turkey taking up too much room in the garage fridge that is slated to be made into turkey chili soon.

I'll probably go with a basic recipe of beans, diced meat, garlic, onions, tomatoes and tom paste, bell peppers, jalapenos, cilantro, lots of cumin, culantro, freshly ground dried chilis (mulatos, chipotles, pasillas, and cayenne), carrots, and celery.

The aromatics will be bloomed in achiote infused oil, then the japs, bells, and onions sweated, tomato paste stirred in and cooked down until just before it burns, then everything else dumped in, and Fanny's your aunt.

I've posted this recipe before, but keeping with the idea of having a single thread with recipes, here it is again.

Please can members post recipes as a new thread and then place a link/photos here (this is forum policy). Firstly, the more threads, the more we get noticed by Google. Secondly, it means recipes are 'searchable'.

I have never considered putting coriander leaf with chilli. Strange because I seem to add coriander to everything else.

Back
Top Bottom