Chill in the Air ? Your fave Soups ?

On a more serious note, I had some seriously vigorous garlic soup in Bratislava. This one came with a bed of cheese that was a little threatening to cholesterol levels.

Further east, I've had borsch in Kyiv and St Petersburg. It's quite easy to find a vegetarian version in big cities like these, though maybe harder in rural areas. Borsch is not, as sometimes believed, beetroot soup, but soup made with beetroot. That is an important distinction.

@Duck59

I like classic Ukrainian or Russian Borscht very much ..

Thank you for the feedback .. Have a lovely day ..

Our chilly season is when the temperature drops to as low as 14 degC. Normally I'd look at beef stew and suet dumplings for sustenance during those times.[/USER]

@Yorky,.

14 degrees Centigrade in the early mornings can be considered chilly .. Great soup !!!

Thanks for your feedback .. Have a lovely day .

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic Home Made Minestrone di Napoli ..

FRANCESCAMINNESTRONENAPOLI20140726_135807.jpg

I like the Marx Brothers' Duck Soup, but something tells me I wouldn't like duck soup...

@Duck59

I have had French duck soup with seasonal winter vegetables ( parsnip, turnip, herbs, shallot and a home made duck stock drained of all duck grease). It was quite good ..

Have a lovely day ..

A bed of cheese? Do you mean the soup was poured over cheese? I don't quite understand. But I'm now craving garlic soup!

Like Alice, I mean what I say...what we ordered was billed as garlic soup. What arrived looked very much like garlic soup. On inserting a spoon, however, one discovered a copious amount of largely molten cheese at the bottom of the bowl. What sort of cheese, I'm afraid I cannot say. What I can say is that this apparently simple bowl of soup was extremely filling.

Apart from home-made soup I also enjoy the occasional tin of Heinz soup; Tomato and Scotch Broth being my favourites. Of course, Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup is nothing like a soup any self respecting chef would prepare but hey... I like it!

Back
Top Bottom