SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
3:41 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
So being allergic to dairy, I have to get creative with my chocolate recipes.
This one is based on cashew nuts and does require a high speed blender, otherwise it is exceptionally simple to make. I use nice dark chocolate when I can get hold of it. A good quality one makes for a really nice adult chocolate sauce and how good this tastes depends entirely on the quality of your chocolate.

This sauce was made to be served over both the bitter chocolate tagliatelle and the sweet chocolate tagliatelle. There is also no need to melt the chocolate before it is added if you have a high speed blender because it will chop and melt the chocolate as it generates a touch of warmth in the cream.

Ingredients
1 cup of cashew nuts (roughly 200g I think)
150ml water
10-15g icing sugar (optional, or similar powdered sugar or maple syrup etc)
1 bar of dairy free dark chocolate (100g)

Method
  1. Soak your cashew nuts in plenty of water overnight to soften them.
  2. drain and rinse the cashew nut and then put into your high speed blender along with the 150ml of water. Process until smooth. If you want a slightly thicker cream, use a touch less water, and similarly if you want a thinner cream, put a tad more water in.
  3. Add the chocolate broken up to the cream.
  4. Process on high speed for a couple of minutes until it turns a lovely dark brown and starts to warm up.
  5. Now add half the icing sugar/powdered sugar/maple syrup and taste test, adding more if needed.
IMG_9386.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom