100g chopped dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa
80g olive oil
100g caster sugar
2 eggs
60g plain flour
100g chopped almonds
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 2-3. Grease an 18cm cake tin and line with parchment.
  2. Melt the chocolate and olive oil in a double boiler. Remove from heat once chocolate is melted.
  3. In a bowl, beat together the eggs and the sugar till pale. Off the heat, combine with the chocolate and olive oil, stirring well. Combine the flour, almonds and cinnamon; add to the chocolate mixture and stir well to combine.
  4. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Cool before slicing and serving.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/17062/chocolate-olive-oil-cake.aspx

ooo...I just noticed the diary free tag. While I don't have any restrictions, my brother does, so maybe I can make this for him. Thanks for posting!
I can recommend the one I make (sorry @classic33 but I haven't made this one). It is both dairy free and wheat free (actually it should be down as gluten free if the bicarb of soda is gluten free). It is amazingly moist and truly delicious. We now make it as a birthday cake all the time.

I can recommend the one I make (sorry @classic33 but I haven't made this one). It is both dairy free and wheat free (actually it should be down as gluten free if the bicarb of soda is gluten free). It is amazingly moist and truly delicious. We now make it as a birthday cake all the time.
Only mentioned yours as another to consider.

Back
Top Bottom