Christmas Cookies

kgord

Veteran
Local time
7:34 AM
Do you plan to make Christmas cookies this year? If so what kind? Do you know yet? I am making a type of Christmas candy, I am not sure what kind of Christmas cookies I will make, an old standard or a new creation. Maybe one of both if I can give them away. I don't need all those cookies hanging around! I get recipes sent to my inbox by the Food Network they call it the 12 days of cookies, and each day there is a new one.

I am not sure if I will make cookies or not this year. I will be making some Christmas Fudge as requested my by children. I usually makes squares of some kind. They will either be lemon squares or jello squares. Another thing that I sometimes make is coconut cream and lemon tarts. I have really decided for sure just yet. I have a few thoughts running through my head but nothing for sure just yet.

I love to make decorated sugar cookies, but they take me quite a long time to make and I'm not sure if I'll have the time to put into them this year. It usually takes me a good 2 days at least from start to finish. I will probably make a good variety of other cookies though. I like to put together cookie gift baskets for our neighbors and teachers each year.

We also make sugar cookies and basically lay out a bunch of supplies to decorate with. Various icing colors, different kinds of sprinkles and other fun things like small candies to decorate with too...the kids (and admittedly, the adults) all love it - it's a bit of an ongoing tradition for our family.

My niece usually makes some lovely heart-shaped cookies at Christmas time, so I am expecting that she will be doing the same this year. I am not planning on making any Christmas cookies or any other kind of dessert this year since when I go out to lunch, there is usually quite an array of desserts to choose from, and I always end up bringing home some of them.

Back
Top Bottom