Christmas in July

People with school age kids in east London (and no doubt in lots of other places too) complain that, while all the kids get the normal holidays and Christian holidays off school, only the Muslim kids get the Muslim holidays off (unless of course they happen to fall in the normal school holidays).

There are very few Muslim holidays, in fact only two official ones, so I wouldn't have thought it was that big a deal! There's Eid-al-Fitr and Eid-al-Adha, so unless there are any local ones that some people have, it's not much.

There are very few Muslim holidays, in fact only two official ones, so I wouldn't have thought it was that big a deal! There's Eid-al-Fitr and Eid-al-Adha, so unless there are any local ones that some people have, it's not much.
There were quite a few where we were, but there are so many different nationalities and religions in the area, it's a wonder the kids were ever all at school at the same time.

One thing I know for sure is that I never felt overloaded with holidays in Eritrea...we worked six days a week and if a holiday fell on a Sunday, tough luck!

One thing I know for sure is that I never felt overloaded with holidays in Eritrea...we worked six days a week and if a holiday fell on a Sunday, tough luck!

Six days a week?

Bloody luxury!

I said cinnamon as well and my hubby said no! He told me whatever spices went into mince pies and was rather surprised when I said cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. :o_o:

Mincemeat is hands down my favorite pie filling.
No one in my family will touch it so I just eat it out of the jar (cold from fridge).
I buy extra so there is always some around when I get the craving lol.

Back
Top Bottom