Christmas leftovers

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
3:35 PM
Anyone yet started the annual search for creative uses for Christmas leftovers? I think we may be trying a turkey pie tonight.

Anyone yet started the annual search for creative uses for Christmas leftovers? I think we may be trying a turkey pie tonight.

What are you mixing with the turkey in the pie (if anything)? I've used leeks in the past.

I had cold turkey and chips last night with Indian pickles - a favourite use of leftover turkey fo me.

This year I haven't a lot of turkey left as it was a small bird (serves 6). Turkey curry perhaps?

What are you mixing with the turkey in the pie (if anything)? I've used leeks in the past.

I had cold turkey and chips last night with Indian pickles - a favourite use of leftover turkey fo me.

This year I haven't a lot of turkey left as it was a small bird (serves 6). Turkey curry perhaps?

Turkey sarnies with stuffing was always my favourite Boxing Day snack. Not this year though.

My mum would never have thought about turkey curry (she didn't know what curry was) but my wife occasionally would cook a curry around about 27th/28th.

Tonight will be another small rerun of Thanksgiving in November. Turkey, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts and cranberry sauce. I squeezed in a big fat turkey sandwich with bacon, sliced Roma tomatoes, sliced avocado, with mayonnaise on whole wheat bread. Sweet potato fries on the side. I wanted to make turkey tetrazzini, but may need to make more turkey.

F04D3A52-A622-4139-94F2-FDDD9CA896B6.jpeg
I made turkey vegetable soup with pasta shells. Still have loads of turkey left. Will make some fried rice tomorrow. Then , freeze the rest.

Turkey sarnies with stuffing was always my favourite Boxing Day snack. Not this year though.

My mum would never have thought about turkey curry (she didn't know what curry was) but my wife occasionally would cook a curry around about 27th/28th.
Turkey curry is on the menu tonight.

My mil used to make sweet and sour turkey, very nice it was too.

We had chicken and there is some left in the freezer, maybe add it to a broth with lots of veggies.

Back
Top Bottom