Christmas Treats

Lindt do make lovely chocolates. What are all those coloured things for?

These are different flavours of Lindt truffles, I took it in the store I found yesterday! Maybe hard to tell from the picture - here's another one :eek::bravo:
image3 (1).jpeg

These are different flavours of Lindt truffles, I took it in the store I found yesterday! Maybe hard to tell from the picture - here's another one :eek::bravo:
View attachment 20630

OK - got it! The scale was difficult to judge from the first photo so I thought they were tiny little coloured things.

View attachment 20604 Have spent the morning making chocolate orange fudge. Saw the recipe online and thought I would give it a try. It was super easy, slow cooker dumping job and there is lots of it. Am going to take this lot into work and am planning on making some as Christmas presents closer to the time.

Am also thinking of trying a few other things too. What do you make as gifts at Christmas?

I will pm you my address :wink:, I bet it tastes really good.

We often give home made things as presents, but this year we plan to upgrade to giving hampers to close family. My wife has been collecting old wicker hampers from charity shops, but I'm not sure we yet have enough to go in them. So far, we have:

Hot chilli sauce
Crab apple jelly
Sweet apple and peach chutney
Smoked salmon
Sloe gin.

I wanted to fire up the smoker and do some chicken breasts (cold smoked) and some Brazil nuts (hot smoked) but time is against me. My wife is going to have a go at marron glacé.

We often give home made things as presents, but this year we plan to upgrade to giving hampers to close family. My wife has been collecting old wicker hampers from charity shops, but I'm not sure we yet have enough to go in them. So far, we have:

Hot chilli sauce
Crab apple jelly
Smoked salmon
Sloe gin.

I wanted to fire up the smoker and do some chicken breasts (cold smoked) and some Brazil nuts (hot smoked) but time is against me. My wife is going to have a go at marron glacé.

Love Gift Baskets. I used to send them to family across the miles.

So many possibilities...

Breakfast basket - pancake mix, jams and jellies, bacon, ham, assorted syrups
Summer sausage, cheeses, crackers
Chocolate truffles, chocolate-covered cherries or pretzels, torts, cookies
Pasta basket - pasta, pesto or assorted sauces, parmesan cheese, olive oil
Baked ham and assorted cheeses

I like the bread assortment with spreadable cremes (and fruit, like apples or pears).

https://www.wisconsincheeseman.com/c/assortments/all-assortments/

Mom used to send banana and pumpkin bread along with cookies and handmade chocolates...

My uncle would christmas shop with some mailorder meat and cheese catalog so thats what we'd end up with. And for a while my sister would send some fancy named chocolate covered apples...i was never a fan but i really don't like chocolate covered fruits.

Mom used to buy ribbon candy but then she stopped being able to find it then when it came back it wasn't the same...instead of super thin ribbons of shiney candy it was thicker and not as pretty.

My wife and granddaughter did the needy Xmas shopping yesterday. 10 X $5 presents for the local mall that collect for those that need gifts. They do it every year to see our grandkids appreciate what they have. This year the other kids were away. We are not sure to wrap as we heard they don't want them wrapped this year??

Russ

Our toys for tots never wants them wrapped. It saves disappointment when some grinch thinks it is funny to give a bad mean thing instead of a nice gift.

I remember getting gifts when I was a kid wrapped in newspaper, or brown paper bags. My mom either ran out of wrapping paper or couldn't afford to wrap everythin in fancy paper, so she used what she had available.

Last edited:

Hot chilli sauce
Crab apple jelly
Smoked salmon
Sloe gin.

Don't forget to make a little something for yourself (and guests)…

Winter Holiday Cheese Boards

https://www.thebakingfairy.net/2016/12/winter-harvest-cheese-board/

http://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/how-to-create-the-perfect-holiday-cheeseboard/

Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom