Christmas Trees & Decorations

Francesca

Local time
10:22 PM
Has everyone begun their Christmas decorating yet ? Here is our Office Tree ..

AAFRANCESCACHRISTMASTREEOFFICE20171214_132326.jpg

Has everyone begun their Christmas decorating yet ? Here is our Office Tree ..

View attachment 12157
That looks lovely. I think there are two types of Christmas tree, beautiful designer colour themed trees like the above, often following changing trends in colour year to year. Then there is the traditional family tree, never changing with fashion, cobbled together with a weird assortment of decorations accumulated over the years, often from childhood. Not so pleasing to the eye but a feast of fond memories.

@epicuric

Yes, this is quite on target .. Do note, this is an Office Tree .. Have not yet seen, my parents tree or my two sons´ trees or my inlaws ..

Sincé, we are travelling up to see them for a few days, I only put up our Nativity .. and a few figurines which represent our Catalan Christmas, as we have what we call Caganers .. I had posted 2 photographs of our "odd" symbolic Caganers in a post dating back to November .. with a short background history ..

Morning Glory said: " These are bizarre " .. Perhaps to all who are not Catalan, can be slightly taken aback .. However, they are a ton of fun !

Have a lovely holiday ..

Some of the decorations on our tree are at least 60 years old and very delicate now and a very few are from even earlier - a time when even the cheapest glass ornaments were too expensive for our parents/grandparents generation - they are just card but we love them all the more. The modern stuff lives near the bottom [kitties love such things !!] but they live near the top.

@sidevalve

Yes, my parents and grand parents on both sides, have quite a collection of Antique Christmas Tree decorations .. They are quite special ..

This photograph is my Office Tree .. which my Staff and I decorated ..

Thanks for the feedback and have a lovely holiday and holiday season ..

We always had an artificial tree (no needles dropping) plus I hate the idea of chopping a tree down to bring indoors - and ones with roots generally die. But we haven't had a tree for the last few years - just a string of blue lights around the window - which are still there from last year so all I had to do was flick the switch!

When I was little, Mum and Dad bought a real Christmas tree, which used to go out in the garden every year. It was there right up until the late 1980s when the house was sold, then the builders who bought the house cleared the garden. Along with the Christmas tree, all the lovely fruit trees and bushes were gone in a few hours. When my daughter and stepchildren were young, we had an artificial tree, but I don't bother now. Besides, all the decorations that I loved (some were nearly as old as me) are up in the loft and I can't get to them.

I have boxes of ornaments in the attic. Many are 30+ years old. Most are gifts from my family and friends. I have not put up a tree in several years. Just the two of us. I do drape the mantle, den window and door frames with faux pine garland, lights and ornaments. A rustic nativity, battery candles and ornaments on the mantle. Lots of silk Poinsettia in rustic containers all over.

When I pull my ornaments out I always get weepy - I am very sentimental.

My husband's eldest brother and his wife have a big tree. Over the years their 4 children and 8 grandchildren have made decorations that hang on it every year alongside things they have bought. It looks great :happy:

Back
Top Bottom