Cinco de Mayo

kgord

Veteran
Local time
1:48 AM
Today is Cinco De Mayo which is a Mexican celebration that has migrated to the US. Most places that serve Mexican foods have specials going on..I think 2.99 Margaritas at Glory Days Grill is one. Anyway, will you get in the spirit with anything Mexican today? I was going to make an egg burrito this AM, but opted for oatmeal instead...:p:

I saw Mayo and thought it was something related to mayonnaise :happy:.I won't be able to contribute as I really can't say I've done much of anything mexican. Now you have brought it up I will see what simple Mexican dish I can come up with for future reference.

I can't today but probably will be celebrating over the weekend. I have been on a Dr. prescribed juice fast for 3 days. YIKES! just a little afraid of introducing the strong flavors of tex mex today. LOL! but that being said. this is probably what the menu will look like the weekend

Tex Mex Bean Salad (will be mixed up tomorrow) makes a TON so will only make half or the 3 of us
Then Chicken Fajitas with grilled red green and yellow or orange bell pepper slices and tons of red onions grilled to lovely crisp tender perfection.

want to try a new homemade refried beans without the refry. recipe found on AR.

might even make some taco seasoned meat so that we can have taco salads, tacos, burritos etc...

http://www.copymethat.com/r/3aapWXS/texmex-bean-salad/

http://www.copymethat.com/r/kyViR61/fajita-marinade-marie-c-from-ar/

Yes - we had burritos here in Japan! Delicious!

We actually have a local burrito place (yes - there definitely are Mexican places in Japan!) and they were doing specials on burritos - so of course naturally that's what we wanted to eat!

Yes - we had burritos here in Japan! Delicious!

We actually have a local burrito place (yes - there definitely are Mexican places in Japan!) and they were doing specials on burritos - so of course naturally that's what we wanted to eat!
LOL I never would have guessed! good to know that they also have other nationalities foods. Cool! I know we do but I don't expect other country's will, ya know?

I think Japan has about every kind of cuisine. I saw a chef on today, that said he has had some very fine Italian and French food in Japan. Now, that I find rather surprising. The whole context of the show...was that he was making some painstakingly good sushi in Boston. Everyone was asking him...Why is a white guy in Boston making sushi? He explained the above. IF Japanese restaurants can serve international cuisine why can't I be a sushi expert?

One of the Mexican restaurants in town had a few banners and bunting up and tried to cash in,the place did get rammed so there is a deffinant interest

I saw Mayo and thought it was something related to mayonnaise :happy:.I won't be able to contribute as I really can't say I've done much of anything mexican. Now you have brought it up I will see what simple Mexican dish I can come up with for future reference.
Thought it had something to do with the Green and the Red.

Back
Top Bottom