400 g strong wholemeal bread flour
100 g strong white bread flour
7g sachet dried yeast (Easy Bake)
1 1/2 tsp salt
50 g melted butter
1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
300 ml hand warm water

Method:
  1. Mix the flours, yeast and salt in a big bowl. Mix together the melted butter, sugar, and water, then mix into the flour with a knife
  2. Tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes
  3. Lightly grease the mixing bowl with some oil. Put the dough back in the bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise until doubled in size - about 2 hours, depending how warm your kitchen is
  4. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knock it back by gently kneading just 5 times. Mould into a smooth oval, and lift into a lightly oiled 900g/2 lb loaf tin.
  5. Cover the dough again with a clean tea towel, and leave it to prove until doubled in size again. Pre-heat your oven to 200 C/180 fan/400 F/gas mark 6
  6. Place the tin on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for approx. 35 minutes, until you can lift the loaf from the tin and when you gap the base it sounds hollow. Cool on a wire rack.
Notes:

I usually divide the dough into two smaller loaves, shape and bake on an oiled flat tray for approx. 20 minutes. If you prefer rolls, you could divide the dough into 10 pieces, roll into balls and bake for approx. 15-18 minutes.

Recipe courtesy of Allinsons Flour

@Elawin

Thank you for posting ..

My mom, mom in law & 1 of my daughter in laws, who owns a Crêperie are wonderful bakers.

I have never made bread before .. I have thought about it however, my time is very limited ..

This has simplified exemplary instructions .. Maybe over the Xmas holidays, I shall attempt a bread with the gals !!!

I should stick to my Risotto, fresh ravioli and my Paellas !!!

Ha Ha ..

Noted your récipe ..

Have a nice day ..

Back
Top Bottom