Cloud Eggs

Does the meringue stay softish, or does it harden at all?

"...another crime against breakfast. .."

Sums it up rather well. It looks like an egg yolk in a pile of dirty mashed potato. I usually run a mile when I encounter the word "trend", but I do rather like the idea of coming up with one - a new food trend, not a real one of course, but a spoof one just to confuse the followers of "trends". Maybe a new thread in the making here? I'm sure between us we could concoct something. I'm not going anywhere near Instagram though. Places like that scare me witless. isn't it the same place that vacuous young ladies post pictures of their artificially large bottoms and pouting lips?

"...another crime against breakfast. .."

Sums it up rather well. It looks like an egg yolk in a pile of dirty mashed potato. I usually run a mile when I encounter the word "trend", but I do rather like the idea of coming up with one - a new food trend, not a real one of course, but a spoof one just to confuse the followers of "trends". Maybe a new thread in the making here? I'm sure between us we could concoct something. I'm not going anywhere near Instagram though. Places like that scare me witless. isn't it the same place that vacuous young ladies post pictures of their artificially large bottoms and pouting lips?

Don't mock! The cloud egg may be quite good... Michelin Chefs come up with all sorts of ideas that seem weird. I intend to try it out tomorrow, photograph and report on results. :D

Here we go - I added grated parmesan to egg white and sprinkled with chilli flakes and dill.

20170512_145645.jpg

20170512_145808.jpg

20170512_145821.jpg

Last edited:
It was easy enough to make but not as easy as frying an egg. It does look rather pretty. I rather like the way you can add things to the egg white (I used parmesan). The texture of the egg white is soft in the middle with some texture. The outside is not really 'crispy' but has a semi crisp crust. The main problem I had was that the egg white stuck to the non-stick baking paper (I didn't oil it) and it took some patience with a thin spatula to prise it off intact.

My partner ate it (I had a few tastes). He rather liked it and said he wouldn't mind having it again.

Ok, that does look good. You have waved your magic wand over what started out as a bit of a car crash. I will try it out when I get home - decent eggs are €5 per half dozen here!
I wouldn't hold your breath... it would be interesting to know what you think, though.

Back
Top Bottom