Cloud Eggs

Oooh no! They don't appeal to me at all. Even if I did try them, the egg yolks would have to be much more well done than that, although @morning glory's ones look a bit nicer than those in the article. I won't even post on here what my first thought was when I saw them.....

I'm ok with dried eggs which are used in most things so its not so bad. Its a protein in the egg that causes me an issues.

After several years of ill health I was finally been diagnosed with an auto immune disorder in January, so its been an interesting few months trying to get my head around trying to accept things, that I'm not just fat and lazy, and working out how to keep flare ups to a minimum.

It was easy enough to make but not as easy as frying an egg. It does look rather pretty. I rather like the way you can add things to the egg white (I used parmesan). The texture of the egg white is soft in the middle with some texture. The outside is not really 'crispy' but has a semi crisp crust. The main problem I had was that the egg white stuck to the non-stick baking paper (I didn't oil it) and it took some patience with a thin spatula to prise it off intact.

My partner ate it (I had a few tastes). He rather liked it and said he wouldn't mind having it again.
There has to be some way of beefing up that egg white. Parmesan is a good start, but what else would go? Maybe fines herbes. What does your flavour thesaurus say?

There has to be some way of beefing up that egg white. Parmesan is a good start, but what else would go? Maybe fines herbes. What does your flavour thesaurus say?

I don't have my flavour thesaurus here - I'm staying with my friend. But I agree and I've been thinking spices rather than herbs could be interesting.

What about spices? My recipe https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/anda-dar-behest-aromatic-souffle-omelette.9609/ puts all the spices in the egg yolks, but no doubt they could be folded into the whites. Wash it all down with a hot cup of rosy lee to get those spices working and you're set up for the day:D

The cloud egg looks like a good presentation. But that rich-orange yolk! I would love to get that kind of rich quality from our local egg producers.

I would think it would taste a lot like a coddled, or properly poached egg, both of which I love. Let us know how it tastes.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
"There is no success that justifies failure within the home."

The cloud egg looks like a good presentation. But that rich-orange yolk! I would love to get that kind of rich quality from our local egg producers.

I would think it would taste a lot like a coddled, or properly poached egg, both of which I love. Let us know how it tastes.

You mean the egg in my photo? They are extraordinary eggs. I have written about them before - they are from 'The Black Farmer' - who happens to be literally a black farmer originally from America who has set up a farming business in the UK. I can only get them from an on-line supermarket. They are brighter even than the only other eggs I've found that come close: from Burford Browns and Cotswold Legbar breeds.

There is a thread on here somewhere dedicated to the colour of the egg yolk.

Back
Top Bottom