Club sandwiches, fillings please?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:44 AM
ive been asked to cater for a function in 4 days time, the reason I got asked is that the guy has had my food before and loves my sammies and sausage rolls. I'm looking for something different to fill the club sammies. I usually do lettuce Mayo tomato then ham and mustard and mashed egg with mayo and curry powder. The alternative to ham is poached chicken with plum sauce. What else can I do for something different.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say 'club sammies', what is it that makes them 'club'? I am just not familiar with the term. But - I may have some ideas!

Last edited:
What about fish - tinned tuna (or even fresh cooked) or salmon? Obviously with something else added...

Or you could offer a vegan version - hummus, avocado and tomato perhaps?

Club sammys are 3 slices of bread first two pieces has say lettuce and tomato with mayo.the top,of that another filling like meat and egg?? Then the third piece of bread on top. I'm liking the avocado idea.

Russ

Club sammys are 3 slices of bread first two pieces has say lettuce and tomato with mayo.the top,of that another filling like meat and egg?? Then the third piece of bread on top. I'm liking the avocado idea.

Russ

OK. I did a google on it and some say the 'club' comes from the acronym for Chicken and Lettuce Under Bacon!

image.jpeg

This is similar

This is a young group 30 to 40ish. Bound to be a few veges amongst them. I know they love avocado. Would it stay green in a Sammie. Or brown??

Russ

This is a young group 30 to 40ish. Bound to be a few veges amongst them. I know they love avocado. Would it stay green in a Sammie. Or brown??

Russ

I think you have to make sure its mashed up with lemon or lime juice - or marinated in it. Test it out...

A BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato) with mayo is the most popular here.

For vegetarian, grilled eggplant, tomato, basil, and bufala mozzarella drizzled with reduced balsamic vinegar is good.

Or avocado, tomato, onion, microgreens, and bean sprouts.

Or grilled, marinated portabella, lettuce, tomato, and garlic mayo.

I think supermarkets do punnets of avo mash, ready for spreading, that would work! With chicken maybe.

Russ

Well yes. But with chicken wouldn't be vegetarian. Try it with hummus (humous) and thinly sliced red onion/lettuce perhaps? Its easy to make your own avocado mash. Just mash up with lemon or lime juice and a bit of salt to taste. A little chilli added to the avocado is good.

A BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato) with mayo is the most popular here.

For vegetarian, grilled eggplant, tomato, basil, and bufala mozzarella drizzled with reduced balsamic vinegar is good.

Or avocado, tomato, onion, microgreens, and bean sprouts.

Or grilled, marinated portabella, lettuce, tomato, and garlic mayo.

Great vegetarian ideas here.

Turkey, bacon, sliced apples or dried cranberries and brie on croissants w honey mustàrd.

Is your heart set on club sandwiches? How about wraps, Or philly cheesesteak sloppy joes, reuben stromboli or càlzones?

Last edited:
Ooh, that reminds me: chicken salad with walnuts and dried cranberries, thinly sliced cucumber, fresh spinach, and tomato.

Back
Top Bottom