Coconut Oil

I use coconut oil for so many things. Face scrub, hair oil, cooking, greaser for my doors etc. I have a friend that gets it for me at a cheaper price and she provides me a hefty amount each month. I'm fortunate for it that I don't have to buy it as it is expensive here as well. It has alot of good fats. It was mentioned to me before that if you swish some coconut oil in your mouth in the morning before eating anything, it will help remove all toxins and bad stuff from your mouth. I have completely forgotten what it was called. Does anyone recall anything like that?

I actually use coconut oil around the house a lot!

I mean not jut for cooking but for lotion, shaving cream, face cream and on my hair.
It also helps to grow out your eyebrows.

And the same stuff you put on your hair you can also cook with it!
If you buy raw, unprocessed coconut oil!

:eek: You are trying to grow out your eyebrows? What do you mean... :D

I mean if you have really light eyebrows or you - may or may not over plucked them when you were a teenager - it actually helps the little hairs to grow out again. So eyebrows not looking all patchy and weird. (maybe I am alone with this problem )

Unlike many dogs, greyhounds have only one layer of fur, and black greyhounds often have bald bums and partly bald legs, so I give my grey coconut oil in his main meal and rub some on his bald spots. His fur is gradually growing in those places.

I have also tried swishing coconut oil round my mouth in the mornings. It did make my mouth feel nice and fresh but never got so far as to find out whether it reduced plaque as I couldn't stand doing it after a few days. It is supposed to be good for whitening teeth though, mixed with turmeric and used instead of toothpaste. Might give that a try!

Unlike many dogs, greyhounds have only one layer of fur, and black greyhounds often have bald bums and partly bald legs, so I give my grey coconut oil in his main meal and rub some on his bald spots. His fur is gradually growing in those places.

I have also tried swishing coconut oil round my mouth in the mornings. It did make my mouth feel nice and fresh but never got so far as to find out whether it reduced plaque as I couldn't stand doing it after a few days. It is supposed to be good for whitening teeth though, mixed with turmeric and used instead of toothpaste. Might give that a try!
You could end up with yellow teeth you put turmeric in it! :giggle:

coconut oil is good for you but as with everything else in moderation. it has a LOT of saturated fats. If you have high cholesterol I would not use it. but otherwise I would say it is up to you, your taste, and your pocketbook.

Am crazy about coconut oil !

Have you tried oil pulling with it?

It's the best as it captures all the buccal toxins and remove them from your mouth.

I always choose an organic coconut oil though as everything in the product gets through your body and you want it to be healthy.

Back
Top Bottom