Comfort Foods: What comes to mind from childhood ?

When I was a little girl, by surprise or for good news or for a prize, my mom used to prepare for me and my brother a rustic savoury cake and we went crazy only to smell the perfume came out of the oven and expanding throughout the house. A savoury cake made with flour,butter, bits of ham, potatoes, cheese and parsley, outside had a crunchy crispy and inside it was soft. It has long time since she doesn't prepared it. The last time she prepared it was about 8 years ago when I told her that my husband (at the time my boyfriend) and I had decided to marry us. A few days after the news, she asked me to go to my parent's home because she had to give me one thing and could not wait ....... tadaa ... surprise! Needless to say, my husband liked it so much ... sooner or later I will start to prepare it and do it for her.

Last edited:
When I was a little girl, by surprise or for good news or for a prize, my mom used to prepare for me and my brother a rustic savoury cake and we went crazy only to smell the perfume came out of the oven and expanding throughout the house. A savoury cake made with flour,butter, bits of ham, potatoes, cheese and parsley, outside had a crunchy crispy and inside it was soft. It has long time since she doesn't prepared it. The last time she prepared it was about 8 years ago when I told her that my husband (at the time my boyfriend) and I had decided to marry us. A few days after the news, she asked me to go from her house because she had to give me one thing and could not wait ....... tadaa ... surprise! Needless to say, my husband liked him so much ... sooner or later I will start to prepare it and do it for her.

@MypinchofItaly

Wow. What a beautiful little story ! and savoury tart !!

Thanks for sharing ..

I guess you shall have to get the récipe !!

Have a lovely evening ..

When I was a little girl, by surprise or for good news or for a prize, my mom used to prepare for me and my brother a rustic savoury cake and we went crazy only to smell the perfume came out of the oven and expanding throughout the house. A savoury cake made with flour,butter, bits of ham, potatoes, cheese and parsley, outside had a crunchy crispy and inside it was soft. It has long time since she doesn't prepared it. The last time she prepared it was about 8 years ago when I told her that my husband (at the time my boyfriend) and I had decided to marry us. A few days after the news, she asked me to go from her house because she had to give me one thing and could not wait ....... tadaa ... surprise! Needless to say, my husband liked him so much ... sooner or later I will start to prepare it and do it for her.

Now we all want the recipe!

Back
Top Bottom