CookingBites Dish of the Month (April): Pizza

I marinated the chicken in lime juice, tequila, and taco seasoning for most of the day

I applied monetary jack cheese, the kitchen, green onions and tomatoes to the crust. backed it for 14 minutes. Then added fresh lettuce, avocados and a ranch/ hot sauce mixture to the top.

Bacon and Asparagus pizza with an alfredo sauce.

20190412_172508.jpg

Well, I made these about a year ago, two "fusion pizzas".

The top one uses a white corn tortilla as a base, has cheddar, mozzarella, mushrooms, olives, artichoke, spinach, and ground ancho seasoning.
p-tortilla-done.jpg

This second is on a methi (fenugreek) chili paratha flatbread, with the same cheeses and similar veggies, plus a little cumin.
p-paratha-done.jpg

(Both had garlic powder, ground pepper and oregano as well.
I guess we can say Mexican pizza fusion and Indian pizza fusion....
I've made them, or something similar (differences in the toppings), several times. Note that I don't like pizza "bones" and bring the toppings as close to the edges as possible...

It’s funny that I just threw this one together, and I afterward I remembered that we have a pizza challenge.

Most of the toppings are things I made: cilantro pesto, pickled onions, pickled peppers, and oven dried tomatoes. These are joined by mushrooms and anchovies (of course). I used Havarti cheese.

I just bought a pack of freshly made pita bread from my favorite Middle Eastern market. They charge two dollars for eight of them, which makes me almost feel bad, as if I’m ripping them off. But, not too bad to buy them and eat them.

Here is what looked like coming out of the oven.

6F70E07B-064D-4AB8-B81F-A74C8EE86F3C.jpeg

It’s funny that I just threw this one together, and I afterward I remembered that we have a pizza challenge.

Most of the toppings are things I made: cilantro pesto, pickled onions, pickled peppers, and oven dried tomatoes. These are joined by mushrooms and anchovies (of course). I used Havarti cheese.

I just bought a pack of freshly made pita bread from my favorite Middle Eastern market. They charge two dollars for eight of them, which makes me almost feel bad, as if I’m ripping them off. But, not too bad to buy them and eat them.

Here is what looked like coming out of the oven.

View attachment 23734

This looks really good - great strong flavours in there.

Not very adventurous I'm afraid. But I may as well cook something that I'm sure I will enjoy.

Naan bread pizza (cooked images to follow).

Naan-bread-pizza-ann.gif

Back
Top Bottom