CookingBites Dish of the Month (February): Frittata

Kuku Sabzi - which is a type of Persian frittata. Basically you put in as many green herbs as your frittata will take and sometimes rose petals and walnuts. Its also traditionally served with barberries which is perhaps unusual for a cooked egg dish. Well - I didn't have any barberries but I did use dill, parsley, rocket, spinach, chives, rose petals and walnuts plus salt. I was a bit sceptical about the rose-petals having any effect - but the result has a lovely wonderfully perfumed taste.

fullsizeoutput_4259.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4258.jpeg

Last edited:
Kuku Sabzi - which is a type of Persian frittata. Basically you put in as many green herbs as your frittata will take and sometimes rose petals and walnuts. Its also traditionally served with barberries which is perhaps unusual for a cooked egg dish. Well - I didn't have any barberries but I did use dill, parsley, rocket, spinach, chives, rose petals and walnuts plus salt. I was a bit skeptical about the rose-petals having any effect - but the result has a lovely wonderfully perfumed taste.

View attachment 22723

View attachment 22724
I don't have the rose petals but I do have the barberries because one of my cookbooks features a lot of Persian dishes which often have loads of fresh herbs and barberries in them!
Looks wonderful. Ironically is the walnuts in not that keen on. Never really liked the taste of them ! Odd I know because I love pretty much all nuts (ok , not pecans or macademia nuts ) and seeds .

Kuku Sabzi - which is a type of Persian frittata. Basically you put in as many green herbs as your frittata will take and sometimes rose petals and walnuts. Its also traditionally served with barberries which is perhaps unusual for a cooked egg dish. Well - I didn't have any barberries but I did use dill, parsley, rocket, spinach, chives, rose petals and walnuts plus salt. I was a bit sceptical about the rose-petals having any effect - but the result has a lovely wonderfully perfumed taste.

The "Simple" cookbook has currants soaked in a little lemon juice as a substitute for barberries.

This one looks sooo delicious. i usually order egg at our school @http://www.rrls-academy.edu.ph/ since im an egg lover, im interested to know the ingredients and procedure :) so i can cook and bring it in our school and share with my friends for lunch.

Back
Top Bottom