Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Bacon

Sorry @TodayInTheKitchen - I've gone a bit quiet on this challenge. I've been away for a week or so staying with a friend - but I've been busy making notes and coming up with ideas for bacon recipe development. I now have at least 10 ideas for bacon recipes. Its bonkers - I can't possibly cook them all in the time frame so I'm going to have to edit them down!

Expect some entries from me soon...

P1050345fb.jpg

My first entry for a challenge :) . Lambs fry and bacon in a port wine sauce.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/lambs-fry-and-bacon-in-port-sauce.14549/

I’m not entering this in the contest, but I wanted to share. I’m not entering it because I didn’t make the crust, or the sauce, so I don’t believe it’s worthy of this contest.

However, the pizza on the top has bacon, artichoke hearts, pickled onions, and anchovies. The one on the bottom is pepperoni, artichoke hearts, and – of course – anchovies.

My only cooking sort of innovation: I decided to dust the pizza stone with cornmeal. I love that old-time pizza parlor feel when the cornmeal cracks with every bite. I love it, but even really good pizza places don’t use it anymore.

This is a great recipe for one of those no recipe nights. And, it tastes good. If I am motivated enough to make the dough and the sauce, then I will enter that into this contest.

DDFE8163-C509-4365-BD69-42905EEA4883.jpeg
2059CBF3-4A26-4F44-B709-8647C2009DDF.jpeg

9D28ED98-463A-4E7D-AB1B-305E51149D08.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not entering this in the contest, but I wanted to share. I’m not entering it because I didn’t make the crust, or the sauce, so I don’t believe it’s worthy of this contest.

I use the breadmaker to knead the dough so it's not a big job. For the sauce I just use liquidised tomatoes (fresh or tinned) mixed with chopped chillis and/or chopped basil

Back
Top Bottom