Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Bacon

I want to thank everyone for their awesome entries. You certainly made it a difficult choice. If I were at a restaurant, I would definitely order the SAMPLER plate. That is to say, the was not a single entry I wouldn't be excited to have on my dinner table.

But, alas, there can only be one winner.

So I have selected @Wyshiepoo and the Hot Bacon Loaf as the winner.

A few other notables:
@murphyscreek - Lambs Fry and Bacon
@Yorky - Bratkartoffeln
@MypinchofItaly - Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Apples

I look forward to the next challenge.

I want to thank everyone for their awesome entries. You certainly made it a difficult choice. If I were at a restaurant, I would definitely order the SAMPLER plate. That is to say, the was not a single entry I wouldn't be excited to have on my dinner table.

But, alas, there can only be one winner.

So I have selected @Wyshiepoo and the Hot Bacon Loaf as the winner.

A few other notables:
@murphyscreek - Lambs Fry and Bacon
@Yorky - Bratkartoffeln
@MypinchofItaly - Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Apples

I look forward to the next challenge.

Gee whiz! Thanks @TodayInTheKitchen I never expected that, there were so many excellent entries I thought I stood no chance.

Also, one of the mods did point out to me that i missed the deadline a little so i guess it's up to you and the mods whether it should stand.

I have reached out to the moderators for a ruling.

Its fine @TodayInTheKitchen and @Wyshiepoos. The recipe was posted only a few minutes over deadline - so if @TodayInTheKitchen as judge is happy to accept it then its fine!

Congratulations @Wyshiepoos! :woot: I love a good meatloaf!

I look forward to your choice of ingredient for the next challenge. You can see the ingredients chosen to date here. It doesn't really matter if you choose an ingredient which has gone before as long as its not too recent. Simply post your choice of ingredient in the thread and we will do the rest.

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.

Could I be a little 'left field'? What I'd like as an ingredient is any ready meal, frozen, chilled, tinned whatever. I'd like to see how you make it your meal. If I'm pushed for time at home I will sometimes just grab a chilled meal from our local supermarket, and instead of simply slamming it in the oven and walking away I like to try to make it different.
If allowed, simply popping a frozen Shepherd's Pie in the oven and popping a bit of parsley on top will get you nil points. Being really creative with a tin of macaroni cheese, or a tin of hot dogs etc. will get you lots of points.

If it's not allowed then anchovies, or suitable substitute.

Could I be a little 'left field'? What I'd like as an ingredient is any ready meal, frozen, chilled, tinned whatever. I'd like to see how you make it your meal.

Me personally, I love the idea. It definitely presents a challenge. I once did a video on how to make frozen pizza taste good.

If the idea gets voted down, maybe we can convert it into the "Recipe of the Month" feature.

Could I be a little 'left field'? What I'd like as an ingredient is any ready meal, frozen, chilled, tinned whatever. I'd like to see how you make it your meal. If I'm pushed for time at home I will sometimes just grab a chilled meal from our local supermarket, and instead of simply slamming it in the oven and walking away I like to try to make it different.
If allowed, simply popping a frozen Shepherd's Pie in the oven and popping a bit of parsley on top will get you nil points. Being really creative with a tin of macaroni cheese, or a tin of hot dogs etc. will get you lots of points.

If it's not allowed then anchovies, or suitable substitute.

I wouldn't mind ready meals at all but it is stretching the idea of an ingredient a bit. @SatNavSaysStraightOn wrote the regulations so I leave it to her to decide.

As for anchovies, I love them but there are plenty of people who hate them (and they are not easily substituted for vegans/vegetarians) so if you chose that you could rather limit the number of entries.

I wouldn't mind ready meals at all but it is stretching the idea of an ingredient a bit. @SatNavSaysStraightOn wrote the regulations so I leave it to her to decide.

As for anchovies, I love them but there are plenty of people who hate them (and they are not easily substituted for vegans/vegetarians) so if you chose that you could rather limit the number of entries.

Perhaps any ready meals might be stretching it a bit, dunno. Perhaps limit it to canned/tinned products? Or adopt the idea of TITK to use it elsewhere in the forum?

I thought umebushi/umeboshi (sp?) too lazy to Google, was a suitable alternative to anchovy?

What about fresh grapes? Not dried or juice.

Perhaps any ready meals might be stretching it a bit, dunno. Perhaps limit it to canned/tinned products? Or adopt the idea of TITK to use it elsewhere in the forum?

I thought umebushi/umeboshi (sp?) too lazy to Google, was a suitable alternative to anchovy?

What about fresh grapes? Not dried or juice.

I'd not heard of umeboshi as a sub for anchovy - I must get some as its ages since I had a jar. I do remember it is quite tangy and salty tasting.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...od-recipes-uses-health-benefits-a8451501.html

I like the idea of tined/canned food - it would be very inclusive as I think almost all members can get tins of food and it could be sweet or savoury, vegan or vegetarian etc.

Grapes are a good idea too.

You decide @Wyshiepoo!

Back
Top Bottom