Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Mackerel

Now wait a minute here. Rock not only doesn't talk about his restaurant very much, he also doesn't mention his work hours, which rival mine. And my job is much easier and less rewarding.

Do you folk in the USA/Canada/France/Australia/NZ/Italy have smoked mackerel? Its in every supermarket here and I suppose very popular.

Last edited:
OK, really, last word. I was a stay at home defenseman who specialized in blocking shots for my goalie, Ol' Bill "Red Light" Chillian.

Whenever a goal is scored, a red light goes on behind the goal. Hence, it is a derogatory term of endearment to goalies. Only a guy not wearing as many pads as a goalie who blocks shots can make fun of the "Pudgy Pierre" in net.

And old style goalies used to flop on their sides to stack their leg pads to stop a goal.

Back to flopping, er, I mean Mackerel.

OK, really, last word. I was a stay at home defenseman who specialized in blocking shots for my goalie, Ol' Bill "Red Light" Chillian.

Whenever a goal is scored, a red light goes on behind the goal. Hence, it is a derogatory term of endearment to goalies. Only a guy not wearing as many pads as a goalie who blocks shots can make fun of the "Pudgy Pierre" in net.

And old style goalies used to flop on their sides to stack their leg pads to stop a goal.

Back to flopping, er, I mean Mackerel.

Despite warning, you are so off topic it isn't true. As penance you now have to post that mackerel recipe you mentioned earlier. Absolutely the last word. :)

...oh and @Yorky - you posted before about the masses of tinned fish available in Thai supermarkets. Does that include mackerel?

I guess so. I've not looked.

Is this mackerel?

mackerel.jpg

Back
Top Bottom