CookingBites Room 101 (now renamed to The How to Guides)

Do you know about CookingBites Room 101

• Total voters
2. Yes
3. Parts. Specific to here moreso
4. Nothing should be locked(restricted access to post), as it "dates the forum" making it look old and unwelcoming.

Last edited:
I answered no. I didn't realise such info would be in the intro section since I would have looked under Site Support.

I find it baffling/complex in how to add a photo of a meal under the media/albums....I get so confused with how to get there and then what to click on (not at all obvious)! It would be helpful to have something with clear instructions on this.

Last edited:
I answered no. I didn't realise such info would be in the intro section since I would have looked under Site Support.

I find it baffling/complex in how to add a photo of a meal under the media/albums....I get so confused with how to get there and then what to click on (not at all obvious)! It would be helpful to have something with clear instructions on this.

We will look into this regarding the media. Regarding the location of room 101 - I think you may have a point. It would perhaps be natural for members to look under Site Support first. Thank you for your comments. It is so useful to get feedback. :)

Last edited:
2. I have just had a quick look.
3. I think it will be.
4. How to create a link that's just words and not numbers to post into another thread eg linking a recipe for the challenge.

Last edited:
1) Not before this thread, but I do now!
2) Just took a peek now.
3) It might come in handy as long as I remember where it is located.
4) Not that I can think of at the moment.

2. I have just had a quick look.
3. I think it will be.
4. How to create a link that's just words and not numbers to post into another thread eg linking a recipe for the challenge.
You can click on the post number, which will bring up a bar with a link code
Bottom one will look something like this
[URL = https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/cookingbites-room-101.9797/] Cookingbites room 101 [/URL ]
without the spaces.
Right-click, copy and paste. Then the link will be the text between the square brackets.
The bar it brings up, after clicking on the post number. In this case to your post.
Link.jpg

In a bit more detail
BB Link.jpg

Last edited:
If you do change the name, Your Questions Answered or How To, Help!!

You can click on the post number, which will bring up a bar with a link code
Bottom one will look something like this
[URL = https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/cookingbites-room-101.9797/] Cookingbites room 101 [/URL ]
without the spaces.
Right-click, copy and paste. Then the link will be the text between the square brackets.
The bar it brings up, after clicking on the post number. In this case to your post.
View attachment 7672
In a bit more detail
View attachment 7673
Thanks, I'll try that later.

CookingBites Room 101

I didn't until I opened this thread. Now I do so I answered yes.

Back
Top Bottom