CookingBites Room 101 (now renamed to The How to Guides)

Do you know about CookingBites Room 101

• Total voters
I thought that the point of Room 101, at least in an Orwellian sense, was that it was a place you really didn't want to go.

I think that is possibly to do with the fact that the tech help files are known as Rm 101 in some universities because students don't want to look at them. At least I think so...

I think that is possibly to do with the fact that the tech help files are known as Rm 101 in some universities because students don't want to look at them. At least I think so...
Or at some colleges 101 signifies remedial classes. No credit but have to be passed before you can take college courses. Note this is junior/community colleges (2 year) as opposed to 4 year university.

Or at some colleges 101 signifies remedial classes. No credit but have to be passed before you can take college courses. Note this is junior/community colleges (2 year) as opposed to 4 year university.

I'm thinking we need to change the title of the help thread!

Why? Most of the threads are "How to", designed/worded to help people.

Other than the Orwell references in 1948(original title, changed to 1984 because it was seen as being too close to events of the time it was written). It's a work in progress.

Why? Most of the threads are "How to", designed/worded to help people.

Other than the Orwell references in 1948(original title, changed to 1984 because it was seen as being too close to events of the time it was written). It's a work in progress.

Sorry, I should have said help section/forum not thread. I meant it a little ironically. :happy: The title of the help section has already been changed to 'The CookingBites How to Guides'. :okay:

Sorry, I should have said help section/forum not thread. I meant it a little ironically. :happy: The title of the help section has already been changed to 'The CookingBites How to Guides'. :okay:
Which is why I couldn't understand the need to change it again.

Sorry folks I should have said, I have renamed it. It may get renamed again to loose the CookingBites part - kind of obvious really... The CookingBites How to Guides

I'm still writing the help files - how to files etc... there are a lot of them to do and I am trying to update the ones that are there first but I will get on to the media ones later this week. Maybe even tomorrow. I have quite a few to do and the others need some tweaking as well.

I have also changed the order of that section a touch - so the help files come before the site support rather than the other way around, in the hope that new members (and possibly existing members as well :whistling: ) will visit there before they go on to the Site Support to raise a 'ticket' thread with a problem.

Additionally I will have a peep through the Site Support threads and see if there are any that jump out and say 'this one needs a help file' and add them on to the list of the 'to dos'.

This is how it looks 'currently'. Can't make any promises yet that it will stay like that! :laugh:

upload_2017-6-12_11-38-23.png

So please yell now if you think there are any areas (outside of how to use Media) that need a help file otherwise I will continue to guess and work on them as time permits in an order that will make sense to no-one other than me (sometimes I only have an hour, so will opt to write one that is short and sweet rather than actually needed, just so that it is there in case).

And it goes without saying that the contents of The CookingBites How to Guides are still being modified. They are there to help, not really to be discussed in the same thread. If there is really obvious issue with one (or more) of them, then please raise it either here (currently) or in the Site Support forum. :okay:

Last edited:

At the Uni I went to all first year level courses were xyz 101 and then xyz 102... 2nd year courses were abc 201 and so on...
My brothers' both experienced the same, but I think my sister's uni didn't do it that way, which was weird because the Open University Masters I took in Mathematics (pure) also followed the same format and her uni was the main uni for the OU courses. In all cases, the 101, 102 courses all counted as credits... But that is the UK system not the USA system. Just a passing comment, nothing more.

At the Uni I went to all first year level courses were xyz 101 and then xyz 102... 2nd year courses were abc 201 and so on...
My brothers' both experienced the same, but I think my sister's uni didn't do it that way, which was weird because the Open University Masters I took in Mathematics (pure) also followed the same format and her uni was the main uni for the OU courses. In all cases, the 101, 102 courses all counted as credits... But that is the UK system not the USA system. Just a passing comment, nothing more.
Mine was just a passing comment and as you said uni which is a totally different animal from a community college. Anyone with a high school diploma or ged can go to a community college in the US. Universities actually has requirements like one can read, write and do arithmetic.
But that is a whole other topic.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Back
Top Bottom