CookingBites Room 101 (now renamed to The How to Guides)

Do you know about CookingBites Room 101

• Total voters
And it goes without saying that the contents of The CookingBites How to Guides are still being modified. They are there to help, not really to be discussed in the same thread. If there is really obvious issue with one (or more) of them, then please raise it either here (currently) or in the Site Support forum. :okay:
Site Support is showing "You have insufficent privileges to post here".

The Quote function(new guide), could that be made to include the multi quote thread already in place.

Or could it lead to confusion?

Last edited:

The Quote function(new guide), could that be made to include the multi quote thread already in place.

Or could it lead to confusion?
I couldn't get my head round the multi quote function. That's why I still reply to posts individually.

Basically it allows you to quote a number of posts and answer with a single response.

Two threads on a similar feature.

Humm, I`ll look into that one. thank you. It could be from moving the forums around and the forum above it not having posting privs.... (darn keyboard problems again... hang on... ) I'll get on to it... that's better, the quote goes in the correct direction again.... (aussie image for win 10 (from MS because I'm in Aus) with a UK machine.... worked fine for a while then well it randomly changes which keyboard I'm using and it is rather erratic).

I'll probably do I separately, so that it can be a basics and an advanced concept... if you get me. I was planning on putting some prefixes in there so that you could filter the how to guides according to what you are looking for, so everything profile related would have a profile prefix...

I couldn't get my head round the multi quote function. That's why I still reply to posts individually.
Just hightlight what you want, and a tiny pop up will arrive with +quote and reply... click the +quote option... repeat for however many you want to reply to and then when you are ready to respond you will see that you have a new button in the bottom left (not right) of the screen (insert quotes). click on it... and you will get a list of all of the quotes you have added and not used... just click on the button

upload_2017-6-14_9-51-29.png

repeat as needed... and then

upload_2017-6-14_9-50-40.png

I'll do better, clearer instructions shortly.

You just need to be careful when it inserts the quotes into your reply, that you reply to the quote on the extra line it has given you...

like this

upload_2017-6-14_9-53-59.png

Humm, I`ll look into that one. thank you. It could be from moving the forums around and the forum above it not having posting privs.... (darn keyboard problems again... hang on... ) I'll get on to it... that's better, the quote goes in the correct direction again.... (aussie image for win 10 (from MS because I'm in Aus) with a UK machine.... worked fine for a while then well it randomly changes which keyboard I'm using and it is rather erratic).

I'll probably do I separately, so that it can be a basics and an advanced concept... if you get me. I was planning on putting some prefixes in there so that you could filter the how to guides according to what you are looking for, so everything profile related would have a profile prefix...

Just hightlight what you want, and a tiny pop up will arrive with +quote and reply... click the +quote option... repeat for however many you want to reply to and then when you are ready to respond you will see that you have a new button in the bottom left (not right) of the screen (insert quotes). click on it... and you will get a list of all of the quotes you have added and not used... just click on the button

View attachment 7977
repeat as needed... and then

View attachment 7976

I'll do better, clearer instructions shortly.

You just need to be careful when it inserts the quotes into your reply, that you reply to the quote on the extra line it has given you...

like this

View attachment 7978

There is one for the multi-quote function. Thought a copy and paste might save you some work.

There is one for the multi-quote function. Thought a copy and paste might save you some work.
I'm working through and updating everything. mostly to kill the old colour scheme off completely! and to clarify some bits... I may be able to pull some bits over though - you are correct on that front. (If it has the refix Help on it, I haven't looked at it yet)

Back
Top Bottom