Cookware tools

MeadeElias

Über Member
Local time
4:31 AM
Feel free to name at least 3 favorites of your cookware tools.
  • Stainless steel cookware
  • Spatulas
  • Steamer

I would be very reluctant to give up this Teflon wok with glass lid:

wok and lid s.jpg

Or my nylon chopping boards (I have four different sizes), my chef's knife or the solid nylon spoon.

chopping board s.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I must add the spice grinder/blender to my list.

My new knives - Messermeister Olive Elite Knives (https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/just-treated-myself-to-this-knife.7482/)
My favourite cooking vessel - of unknown make but shown here (https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/what-did-you-cook-today.463/page-55#post-56182) - it comes with a vented glass lid as well.
My Kenwood Chef Mixer.... - similar to this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-KM336-Classic-Stand-Blender/dp/B000Q7ZCFK/ref=sr_1_2?)

Seriously?! $1,074.03?

I know that you didn't payTHAT much for yours!! Good gosh!! :headshake:

Seriously?! $1,074.03?

I know that you didn't payTHAT much for yours!! Good gosh!! :headshake:
? the mixer. No. Around £75 second hand in the UK. I don't think Kenwood chef have reach the Aus. But even so the USD to AUD exchange rate is not that bad!

Just type 'enter your figure here' USD to AUD into google and obviously replace all of 'enter your figure here' including the quotes with the number you wish to convert.
(Works on anything so 180C to F will convert 180 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit. 180kg to lb, 150kg to oz, etc)

? the mixer. No. Around £75 second hand in the UK. I don't think Kenwood chef have reach the Aus. But even so the USD to AUD exchange rate is not that bad!

Sorry, I thought the knife was the item in question (A$240.00).

Last time I worked in Aus (Perth 2008) I think the A$ was virtually on a par with the US$. I was paid in US$ but obviously had to spend in A$.

Sorry, I thought the knife was the item in question (A$240.00).
the knife was... $AU229.95. Yes. Apologies. The mixer was 2nd hand at £75.

I have an outdoor knife that costs over AUD $800 (£400).... it is excellent. I found that at the side of the road, minus its sheath, when I hoped over a gate for a call of nature. Needless to say I was not walking into a police station with an unsheathed knife saying I've just found this.... I contacted the maker (a small business) but it was the one and only knife in his range that didn't have a serial number and no-one had contacted him asking for a new one saying they had lost their. Because of my honesty, he recarved the handle and made me a new sheath for it for $AUD80 (£40) including P&P This is equivalent prices, I found it in Scotland. I don't mind paying for quality that will last me a life time and give me no issues. It is worth it ime.

This knife and the other one I have purchased (smaller and slightly cheaper) will last me the rest of my life. I will hand them down. I have knives of my Grandmother's which are the same - very good quality. They date from the '50s. They are much smaller though which is why I needed 2 new ones.

Back
Top Bottom