Cookware tools

? the mixer. No. Around £75 second hand in the UK. I don't think Kenwood chef have reach the Aus. But even so the USD to AUD exchange rate is not that bad!

Just type 'enter your figure here' USD to AUD into google and obviously replace all of 'enter your figure here' including the quotes with the number you wish to convert.
(Works on anything so 180C to F will convert 180 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit. 180kg to lb, 150kg to oz, etc)

Electrolux Assistent Stand Mixer..jpg

I'll stick with my Electrolux Assistant.

I was just curious on the price of your machine.

Incidentally, when I bought the Electrolux Assistant, it sold for just under $500. The machine is still in production today, but under another name, and its price has ballooned to just over a whopping $800!!! Good Gosh!!! I'm so glad that I got mine when it was cheaper! That was back in '06. :wink:

I HAD a stainless steel set. I went back to nonstick aluminum cookware.
I think I have one non-stick griddle and one very small nonstick skillet. Everything else is either stainless, cast iron, cast aluminum or enameled cast iron.

View attachment 3480

I'll stick with my Electrolux Assistant.

I was just curious on the price of your machine.

Incidentally, when I bought the Electrolux Assistant, it sold for just under $500. The machine is still in production today, but under another name, and its price has ballooned to just over a whopping $800!!! Good Gosh!!! I'm so glad that I got mine when it was cheaper! That was back in '06. :wink:
The old Kenwood chefs have a very good reputation in the UK. I have had several over the decades. My original one was a whole £5 second hand. It was from the 1950's with the original glass bowl. I only parted company with it when I went off to cycle around the world, selling it on to a family member. Then on my return I purchased one with a glass bowl from the 1960's. I paid £50 for that and it too was wonderful (it was complete with all the original attachments, recipe book, warranty card and original box!) sadly whilst I answered a phone call 2 years after purchasing it, it worked its way off the counter and fell on the floor (I was kneading dough in it) and the gears were ripped out and shredded. It was cheaper to purchase a new one.

I think every country has its own preferred make that 'housewives' of old purchased and became family favourites. I will always seek out the older models on this machine. They have a stunning reputation and reliability. But I guess the one I have will probably last me until I either manage to kill it (again) or I pass it down in old age... I doubt it will fail of its own accord.

The old Kenwood chefs have a very good reputation in the UK. I have had several over the decades. My original one was a whole £5 second hand. It was from the 1950's with the original glass bowl. I only parted company with it when I went off to cycle around the world, selling it on to a family member. Then on my return I purchased one with a glass bowl from the 1960's. I paid £50 for that and it too was wonderful (it was complete with all the original attachments, recipe book, warranty card and original box!) sadly whilst I answered a phone call 2 years after purchasing it, it worked its way off the counter and fell on the floor (I was kneading dough in it) and the gears were ripped out and shredded. It was cheaper to purchase a new one.

I think every country has its own preferred make that 'housewives' of old purchased and became family favourites. I will always seek out the older models on this machine. They have a stunning reputation and reliability. But I guess the one I have will probably last me until I either manage to kill it (again) or I pass it down in old age... I doubt it will fail of its own accord.

Pretty much the same thing with my Electrolux mixer.

It is made in Sweden, and it has been said that it has an excellent track record and that it is adorned for many years by gourmet cooks, chefs & bakers alike. It has served me well for 10 years, and it continues to do so. :wink:

Pretty much the same thing with my Electrolux mixer.

It is made in Sweden, and it has been said that it has an excellent track record and that it is adorned for many years by gourmet cooks, chefs & bakers alike. It has served me well for 10 years, and it continues to do so. :wink:
I'm wondering if the price you saw was the professional series model rather than the home series models? There are some very expensive ones designed for restaurants and the likes which show up on Amazon for some reason (mind you I knew people with that kind of money who would not bat an eyelid over it because it looked good!)

I'm trying to think which kitchen tools I use the most.

1. Good knife (obviously)
But next? If pans and dishes are counted as tools (personally I don't think they should be), then:

2. Medium size stainless steel pan, oven tin, non-stick frying pan, quiche tin, pie dish (joint 2nd).
If pans are not included:

2. The microplane. It grates garlic, ginger, cheese and more. This comes joint 2nd with Y shaped veg peeler which can be used to make slivers as well as to peel.

3. Joint 3rd are the stick blender and spice grinder.

4. The mandolin.

I'm wondering if the price you saw was the professional series model rather than the home series models? There are some very expensive ones designed for restaurants and the likes which show up on Amazon for some reason (mind you I knew people with that kind of money who would not bat an eyelid over it because it looked good!)
hobart_n50-60_2.jpg

Like THIS one.
The Hobart 5-qt commercial mixer. It sells for over $2,000, yet people with that kind of money have no problem forking it up for this machine!! :eek:

I've read some pretty bad reviews from dissatisfied owners of that one. Buy quality once or buy junk forever! :eek:
Note that one that I purposely put in cents isn't bad as a hand mixer. Now I have already decluttered the stand part. To say it was horrible would be a compliment.

Back
Top Bottom