Cowboy hash

kana_marie

Veteran
Local time
7:48 AM
This is one of my family favorites! It's so simple and quick. The original recipe was named cowboy hash, but I've made a lot of changes to it.

Brown and drain one lb of ground beef. Add a packet of taco seasoning or Chilli seasoning or whatever other seasoning you want to use. Add I can of whole kernel corn and one can of baked beans. Boil potato cubes and add them to the rest of the ingredients. Let it simmer for 12-16 minutes.

Both of them sound delicious. I've always loved corned beef hash, regardless of the recipe, as well as other types of hash. Apparently my family has an ongoing history with hash. My Mom's Dad used to cook it up for them, and I'm sure there were lots of potatoes in that hash, since Mom was the youngest of 12 children. Back home, on Sunday mornings, after church, my Dad (perhaps spurred on by my Mom's stories of her Dad's delicious cooking?) would always clean out the refrigerator and make us a delicious hash brunch. I have one friend in particular who has always loved my hash, so whenever she comes to stay, I stock up ahead of time, and make us a huge batch.

That sounds like a good combination, though I personally would not want to eat beans and beef in the same meal. Have you ever tried it without the meat? Since I do not really eat sweet corn, I am not sure if it is the right corn to complete the protein with the beans. I'll have to look into that.

Corn beef hash for me should be topped with fried ducks egg and a homemade hp sauce ....:thumbsup:

I had banana pancakes & corned beef hash at a restaurant for breakfast this morning. :wink:

Today is the day! I will try my hand at this today!! It should be good! I'll post a pic of it when it is done. :wink:

Making the Cowboy Hash today. Didn't get the chance to do it yesterday. Got home too late. :wink:

003.jpg

Here it is! Made the Cowboy Hash!!
I modified it, and instead of using the Taco Seasoning & chili powder which are packed away for moving, I used some Tabasco Chipotley & BBQ sauce in place of it.

Ingredients;

1/2 cup each, chopped;
Onion, celery, green pepper & garlic.
1/8 cup oil.
2 T butter.
1-lb ground beef.
1 can whole kernel corn, drained.
1 can baked beans.
1 cup BBQ sauce.
1-1/2 cups cubed potatoes, boiled.
1/2 teaspoon each;
Garlic powder, Sylvia's Seasoning, salt & pepper.

Directions;

Heat oil & butter in large skillet. Add chopped veggies. Cook & stir until soft and lightly browned.
Add ground beef and brown until no longer pink. Add drained corn, baked beans & BBQ sauce. Add boiled potatoes and seasonings.

Cook mixture for about 15 - 20 minutes.

Adjust seasonings if desired. Serve alone or over hot cooked rice.
Serves 6 to 8. Enjoy! :wink:

Last edited:
Well !!?? How was it ???:hungry:

It is DELISH!! Still have some of it left.
I've done baked beans with ground beef before, but not with corn or potatoes added to it, and this dish is something very unusual, but it tastes great!! :wink: :hungry:

This sounds great. I usually do a ham hash with onions, potatoes, ham, bacon and peppers or corn beef hash when I left over corn beef. My kids love corn and ground beef so this would be something they'd enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom