Crazy, Amusing, Memorable Pet Stories

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
1:01 AM
Anyone with pets has a funny story to tell - or several.

This dates back to the late 90's. I had a landscaping business. During my busy seasons - spring and fall, I ran myself ragged. I had 2 crew chiefs. They would meet me before day light to load my the trailer and their trucks with plants, tools and supplies. They proceeded to their respective job sites and I picked up day labor. I hired guys and gals from rehab halfway houses. 2 crews working installations and major clean ups and 2 people working maintenance. Ordering plants, frequently picking up plants, running between job and maintenance sites to make sure things were being done "my way", scheduling deliveries. In the evenings I invoiced clients, did drawings and prepared presentations for bid.

My personal time was Saturday evening. I would take a very long tub soak with Epsom salt and bubbles, my current read and an adult beverage (a bottle of wine in an ice bucket beside the tub).

One evening Callie, a beautiful, short haired calico, Jumped on the toilet seat. She circled and circled and circled then put all 4 paws on the front rim of the seat, squatted and peed in the toilet! I dropped my book in the tub and snorted bubbles. I called my Mother and told her what Callie had done. My "cool as a cucumber" Mother asked: "Well, did she flush?" More bubbles snorted.

I have more stories but now it is your turn.

Last edited:

This dates back to the late 90's. I had a landscaping business. During my busy seasons - spring and fall, I ran myself ragged. I had 2 crew chiefs. They would meet me before day light to load my the trailer and their trucks with plants, tools and supplies. They proceeded to their respective job sites and I picked up day labor. I hired guys and gals from rehab halfway houses. 2 crews working installations and major clean ups and 2 people working maintenance. Ordering plants, frequently picking up plants, running between job and maintenance sites to make sure things were being done "my way", scheduling deliveries. In the evenings I invoiced clients, did drawings and prepared presentations for bid.

My personal time was Saturday evening. I would take a very long tub soak with Epsom salt and bubbles, my current read and an adult beverage (a bottle of wine in an ice bucket beside the tub).

One evening Callie, a beautiful, short haired calico, Jumped on the toilet seat. She circled and circled and circled then put all 4 paws on the front rim of the seat, squatted and peed in the toilet! I dropped my book in the tub and snorted bubbles. I called my Mother and told her what Callie had done. My "cool as a cumber" Mother asked: "Well, did she flush?" More bubbles snorted.

:laugh:

Our cat has free run of the house apart from our bedroom and the bathroom so both doors are kept shut. One evening I was getting ready for a shower, left the bathroom door open, went back in and switched the shower on, a very wet and angry cat raced past me and shot downstairs. She was not impressed :giggle:, not sure why she was in the bath but I now make sure the door is closed.

One evening Callie, a beautiful, short haired calico, Jumped on the toilet seat. She circled and circled and circled then put all 4 paws on the front rim of the seat, squatted and peed in the toilet! I dropped my book in the tub and snorted bubbles. I called my Mother and told her what Callie had done. My "cool as a cumber" Mother asked: "Well, did she flush?" More bubbles snorted.

@ElizabethB

Phenomenal feline .. Impeccably clean animals .. They spend 18 hours a day, sleeping and Licking themselves and the rest of the time, in adventures and explorations ..

Amazing !! Very highly entertaining !!

@ElizabethB

I had 2 British Shorthair ( 1 Blue Cream and 1 Silver Tabby - both males ) growing up and when my un-identical twin sons were children, we had 2 British Shorthair male cats too, 1 was Red Tabby and one was a Silver Tabby .. All of them lived until they 21 or 22 years of age ..

Each had quite a unique personality .. However, nothing as hilarious as your Calico doing her toilet business on a toilet !!!

Have a lovely weekend ..

IMG_0643.JPG

This guy - Pepper, a pug - likes to chase his tail. If you know anything about pugs, you know that they have short, curly tails (see above). And, you also probably know that pugs don't generally chase their tails.

I finally did manage to catch him on video, but it was in the dark: every time I'd try to record him with the light on, he would stop. Now, I need to do a lot of work with the contrast so you can see what's going on (you can probably imagine it's hard to see much with him in the dark, and only the glow of the TV).

And, it's not the slow, gentle walking in a circle you might see other dogs do: he's really fast, like a little tornado. Sometimes, he even catches it...which hasn't stopped him from trying. The strangest thing of all is that I consider him to be very intelligent, though this doesn't exactly speak in his favor.

View attachment 11291

This guy - Pepper, a pug - likes to chase his tail. If you know anything about pugs, you know that they have short, curly tails (see above). And, you also probably know that pugs don't generally chase their tails.

I finally did manage to catch him on video, but it was in the dark: every time I'd try to record him with the light on, he would stop. Now, I need to do a lot of work with the contrast so you can see what's going on (you can probably imagine it's hard to see much with him in the dark, and only the glow of the TV).

And, it's not the slow, gentle walking in a circle you might see other dogs do: he's really fast, like a little tornado. Sometimes, he even catches it...which hasn't stopped him from trying. The strangest thing of all is that I consider him to be very intelligent, though this doesn't exactly speak in his favor.

Aww sweetie :laugh:

We've had two stray cats. Our first, Midnight, showed up on our deck as a kitten...and never left until "the end". She could sit up to beg, open the bottom cupboard door with her paw (her treats were in that cupboard), and come when you called her name or whistled. We used to call her our "cog" for cat-dog. Miss her like crazy.

Our second cat was adopted from the shelter. Dumb as a box of rocks. When she died, I was holding her in my arms. Miss her, too.

Would love to get another pet. Resisting adopting since I don't want to move with a pet. Did that with Midnight and swore we would never "move" a cat again. :headshake:Our daughter is hoping we move back home sooner rather than later so that we can have shared custody of a dog.

With few exceptions I have always had at least 2 cats, for a while 4. I keep 1 litter box per cat. Sometimes my felines have decided that each should have her own box. Other times they shared. My girls - Sallie Sue and Daisy Faye - have their own system. They both use one box for solid waste and the other for urine. They have done this since they were very young kittens. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom