Crime brûlée anyone

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:44 PM
my dil really loves these, so simple and beautiful. I serve with a scoop of vanilla and some raspberry coulis. My home made stuff. Do you have any variations on this plain one.
Russ

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a regular creme brulee with shaved semisweet chocolate on the bottom. Baking it sort of melts the chocolate into the creme brulee mix.

I notice it doesn't look like you have the melted sugar topping on yours? I've always thought that was one of the best things about a creme brulee, the contrast between the warm melted sugar and the cool creme, as well as the crunchy versus the creaminess.

Last edited:
It's just a regular creme brulee with shaved semisweet chocolate on the bottom. Baking it sort of melts the chocolate into the creme brulee mix.

I notice it doesn't look like you have the melted sugar topping on yours? I've always thought that was one of the best things about a creme brulee, the contrast between the warm melted sugar and the cool creme, ad well as the crunchy versus the creaminess.

These were pre dinner, when dinners over I put sugar on and blowtorch it. Nice crunch. Have to be free range!

There's a resort on Lake Champlain near the Canadian border that has a small restaurant with the best Creme Brulee in the world. The chef is from the Middle East, and every year returns to the resort from a visit home with things like rosewater and grapefruit flower essence which he adds to his creme. It is rich, sweet, and floral all at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom