Croquettes - what are your favourites?

My chicken croquettes that are very very popular. Measurements are approximate as I make mine from 2 different recipes.
Half a chicken skinned and boiled. Retain the stock. Add 2 teaspoons gelatine to 1 1/2 cups of the stock. Stir to dissolve.Put chicken in a blender and chop fine.
Make a roux with 250 gms butter and 1 cup of flour,
Cook it through.
Add s and p
2 teaspoons mustard powder
1 tablespoon chopped parsley.
Then add the stock mixture and cook it through.
Add 120 mls full cream.
Pour into a flat tray so the filling is about 3/4 inch thick. I put plastic film on top so top doesn't dry up. Refrigerate. When set , set up a bowl with seasoned flour for rolling croquettes, then egg dip mixture 2 eggs and some milk.,then a breadcrumb station. Repeat the egg and breadcrumb. Then I freeze individually and when set I put in a ice cream container. I always make a double batch they go that quick. Serve with tomatoes cut in segments and American mustard the squirt bottle stuff. I don't know how, but it all works. You will make these again, I promise you. The recipe is from my head, I'll check the one downstairs later.

Russ

Now I'm getting the urge to make some more of these! Years ago when I was a teen working at a university in the kitchen, we used to make them a lot. :wink:

This almost feels like another competition coming up - based on individuals interpretations of an established dish. We could call it.... I know, a Cookalong. Whatever happened to those? They were good!

I've made croquettes before, and posted the recipes here, too. Here's a recent one I made as an ultra-healthy oven baked Salmon-Rutabaga Croquette:

img_1446-jpg.jpg

I could have sworn I also posted a potato-based croquette that I deep-fried, but I can't find the recipe. I've always made mine round, but I don't see why I couldn't make them into a cylinder sometime.

I've made croquettes before, and posted the recipes here, too. Here's a recent one I made as an ultra-healthy oven baked Salmon-Rutabaga Croquette:

img_1446-jpg.jpg

I could have sworn I also posted a potato-based croquette that I deep-fried, but I can't find the recipe. I've always made mine round, but I don't see why I couldn't make them into a cylinder sometime.

The only reason I make in cylinders is that was what my wife used to get served at our fave restaurant 30 years ago. I have 2 recipes and one is cylinder and the other as you done. Personal preference.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom