Cryptic food and drink

The next clue I wrote was: Spice came with red pod we ground. (8,4).
Powdered Mace
In this case, the word 'ground' indicates an anagram. This is designed to confuse because obviously 'ground' is a word related to spices! The word 'spice' is the definition of the solution. So it is an anagram of 'came' with 'red pod we'. Re-arrange the letters to get powdered mace

All I have got for this one has nothing to do with food! :cry:
Well lets just suppose the solution is a breakfast dish. 'Bad' could indicate an anagram. But smell and edge make 9 letters and the solution is 8. So...perhaps there is another word for smell which has 4 letters or another word for edge with 3 letters? This would mean you then had the 8 letters required to make the word. You might find it easier to think of breakfast dishes with 8 letters and then see if there are any letters that match the clue.

Still not got the breakfast dish @SatNavSaysStraightOn?
Is not vegetarian.
It's an old fashioned dish.
Its a bit fishy - as @Duck59 intimated!
I couldn't get kippers from your clues before though... that was the problem... Mind you I think kippers only has 7 letters anyway... :scratchhead:

The next clue I posted was: Shaped tomato medley for pie topping (6,6)
Mashed Potato
The anagram is indicated by 'medley' - so the answer is a medley of the letters (anagram) of 'shaped' and 'tomato' . The definition is 'pie topping'. Re-arrange the letters and you get mashed potato. N.B the clue is designed to confuse, because 'shaped' could also be an anagram indicator.

Back
Top Bottom