Cryptic food and drink

Now that the angry shouting has abated on the scone thread, here is another clue, even though I am out of turn. Possible a little obscure, so I will add that I bought some in M & S today.

Aggressively demand ox tongue, but get cheese instead (4,2,8)

I wouldn't call it a soft cheese, exactly...

50504011_0_640x640.jpg

I wouldn't call it a soft cheese, exactly...

I would. It's not hard, so on that basis I'd describe it as soft.

Nonetheless, it is undignified to start a barroom brawl over the texture of cheese. I have enough problems with a couple of characters on these boards as it is. And anyway, the landlord of The Mallard Tavern doesn't allow brawling.

'firm yet creamy' says the package - so its not my personal view as I haven't ever tried it. I defer to your intimate knowledge of the product. :D

Perhaps we could put it into the category of semi-soft or semi-hard and leave all options open.

Meanwhile, I struggle to think of a cheese with a v in its name.

It begins with V. I have used it in a recipe recently and even showed a photograph of it. :whistling:

There are thousands of recipes here, so the chances of me finding it are close to nil. I know a couple of French cheeses that begin with v, but neither of them are the answer. This, I suspect, is something of which I know nothing.

You probably don't know it - but then, I didn't know the cheese in your last clue. Further hint: its a Scandinavian cheese. Or you could search 'tart' in the search box above - posted by member: Morning Glory.

I tried that and got eight results, none of which led me to the answer. I even tried cheese.com, which has thousands of cheeses, including several beginning with z, but not this one. No wonder I've never heard of it.

I tried that and got eight results, none of which led me to the answer. I even tried cheese.com, which has thousands of cheeses, including several beginning with z, but not this one. No wonder I've never heard of it.

The recipe I used it in was the last tart recipe I posted (as a recipe). A few weeks ago...

Back
Top Bottom