Cuisinart Food Processor Recall!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
1:49 AM
I was considering getting another Cuisinart food processor until I found THIS! :eek:

Cuisinart recalls food processors after blade pieces end up in food
About 8 million units are impacted by the voluntary recall from Cuisinart's parent company, Conair.

cuisinart.jpg

The recall includes Cuisinart food processors with four rivets in the blades as pictured above.

Photo by US Consumer Product Safety Commission
Cuisinart has issued a voluntary recall for about 8 million food processors because of a risk of the blade cracking and breaking off into food, according to a release from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission issued Tuesday. Conair, the company that owns Cuisinart, has received 69 reports of people who found pieces of a blade in their food, and 30 reports of injury, the recall said. About 300,000 food processors in Canada are also affected.

The recall involves food processors with model numbers that begin with the following (the model number's on the bottom of the food processor):

• CFP-9
  • CFP-11
  • DFP-7
  • DFP-11
  • DFP-14
  • DLC-5
  • DLC-7
  • DLC-8
  • DLC-10
  • DLC-XP
  • DLC-2007
  • DLC-2009
  • DLC-2011
  • DLC-2014
  • DLC-3011
  • DLC-3014
  • EV-7
  • EV-10
  • EV-11
  • EV-14
  • KFP-7
  • MP-14
The blades on the affected units have four rivets, are silver-colored stainless steel and have a beige plastic center. If you have one of the recalled food processors, you should stop using it and contact Cuisinart for a replacement blade by calling 877-339-2534 or going to the company's website, according to the recall. The website appeared to be down Tuesday evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was considering getting another Cuisinart food processor until I found THIS! :eek:

Cuisinart recalls food processors after blade pieces end up in food
About 8 million units are impacted by the voluntary recall from Cuisinart's parent company, Conair.

cuisinart.jpg

The recall includes Cuisinart food processors with four rivets in the blades as pictured above.

Photo by US Consumer Product Safety Commission
Cuisinart has issued a voluntary recall for about 8 million food processors because of a risk of the blade cracking and breaking off into food, according to a release from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission issued Tuesday. Conair, the company that owns Cuisinart, has received 69 reports of people who found pieces of a blade in their food, and 30 reports of injury, the recall said. About 300,000 food processors in Canada are also affected.

The recall involves food processors with model numbers that begin with the following (the model number's on the bottom of the food processor):

• CFP-9
  • CFP-11
  • DFP-7
  • DFP-11
  • DFP-14
  • DLC-5
  • DLC-7
  • DLC-8
  • DLC-10
  • DLC-XP
  • DLC-2007
  • DLC-2009
  • DLC-2011
  • DLC-2014
  • DLC-3011
  • DLC-3014
  • EV-7
  • EV-10
  • EV-11
  • EV-14
  • KFP-7
  • MP-14
The blades on the affected units have four rivets, are silver-colored stainless steel and have a beige plastic center. If you have one of the recalled food processors, you should stop using it and contact Cuisinart for a replacement blade by calling 877-339-2534 or going to the company's website, according to the recall. The website appeared to be down Tuesday evening.
More than a few with the same rivet problem over here, where no recall or warning has been issued.

Two stores uncertain when asked, checked with the manufacturers.

The new & improved chopping blade is shown near the end of the vid that I posted just above. :wink:

Cuisinart 13- cups food processor with dicer..jpg

Stumbled across THIS Cuisinart 13-cups model on Amazon.com, which comes with accessories in its own storage cases.

Lists for $163 & change there. Other places want over $200 for it! Cheaper at Amazon! :wink:

Cuisinart food processor with rivetless Choping Blade..jpg

Here' a pic of a Cuisinart food processor featuring the new non-riveted chopping blade! :wink:

Thanks!

You enjoy your new appliances also! Now only one ,ore thing, and I'm done. Actually, two more things; A blender & a toaster. :wink:

I once had a Cuisinart food processor years ago - the DLC-7 Pro!

It was just like THIS one, only it was all white. It lasted for about 23 years!! It did all of the processing jobs for me without batting an eyelash!
I know it won't ever end...

I needed the food processor as well as a blender and toaster. I don't like the toaster that I have now Besides, they are relatively cheap. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom