Custard recipes!

Brizeida

Veteran
Local time
7:43 PM
Hey all!
I am here to ask you a very important question in the dessert world!
Do you like custard?
This milk + vanilla temptation is an absolute favorite of mine!
At home we make a dessert that is typical for my kin - it's called Ägnieszka and it's made with vanilla custard and walnut dough.
Do you have a favorite custard dessert recipe? Do tell!

custard can be used in many ways set to runny,the way the custard is cooked and the cream or milk used and the amount of egg yolks used
so we have
creme anglaise a pouring custard for hot puds
creme patissiere for cold fruit deserts
baked egg custard for creme caramels and custard tarts
creme brullee custard cooked slowly in a water bath in the oven,
or good old custard powder but once you've tried fresh custard custard powder is a thing of the past
just a starter list
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/homemadecustard_3102 this a simple pouring custard for puds

I hardly make custard, except for ice cream, custard pies or quiches. And it has to be tempered during cooking or baking so that the eggs in it won't become scrambled. So it can't be rushed. :stop:

I like pudding but custard is not something I have attempted mainly because no one in the house would eat it but me and I don't want to get fat. How would custard be different from bread pudding?

I like pudding but custard is not something I have attempted mainly because no one in the house would eat it but me and I don't want to get fat. How would custard be different from bread pudding?

I love pud and custard, grew up on the stuff but we don't have custard very often. I made a bread pudding using custard (Gary Rhodes recipe) and it was gorgeous. We used brioche buns instead of slightly stale bread, very rich :soup:

I cook it in a double boiler to keep it from cooking too fast & scorching or burning. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom