Cyber Monday

I called the store i bought my instant pot from hoping they could give the pot a nudge to getting it moving again since it has been in hialeah since monday and no movement. They said to call back tomorrow and enough time will have passed to resend one. I can't imagine how something as big as an instant pot can get lost at a ups hub. But the tracking shows it as scanned in but then it disappears and from hialeah should not take 5 days to make it to me...i'm not even sure why it went to hialeah as that is south and east of me and it was shipped from Georgia...i figure it sould have went to tampa and then to me...something musta went wrong.

I called the store i bought my instant pot from hoping they could give the pot a nudge to getting it moving again since it has been in hialeah since monday and no movement. They said to call back tomorrow and enough time will have passed to resend one. I can't imagine how something as big as an instant pot can get lost at a ups hub. But the tracking shows it as scanned in but then it disappears and from hialeah should not take 5 days to make it to me...i'm not even sure why it went to hialeah as that is south and east of me and it was shipped from Georgia...i figure it sould have went to tampa and then to me...something musta went wrong.

Oh dear. Well at least they are saying they will send another one. Hope you get that one sooner!

Now I see that my cooker won't be here until December 6th. I've been tracking my package as well, and there is still no tracking info as USPS is still awaiting the package or info. Maybe I should call them on Monday on

Last edited:
So they are resending me another instant pot. I got to wait another 7-10 days for its arrival. They are going to trace the first one and see if it can be found and sent back but the represenitive suspects it might have been stolen so likely someone in Hialeah has my instant pot and is cooking a pot of beans instead of me.

I so wanted to see how fast it could cook me a pot of bean stew and then see how long it took to turn the left overs into bean mush so i could make my own refried beans.

I've never had homemade refried beans.Only from a can.

Can you please post your recipe, od?

I've never had homemade refried beans.Only from a can.

Can you please post your recipe, od?

Oh gosh its not really a recipe its a make do with what you got kinda thing. Mom never was one to make a small batch of any thing so we had the 4 day bean pot. So the first day was just that bean soup, soaked over night, cooked thru the afternoon seasoned with garlic and onion and whatever you might like on beans served on the side with ham usually or as a main soup dish if no ham was on hand, then after the first dinner the next night the beans would be cooked down to a thick stew consistancy served with cornbread, then the third night it was cooked down some more so there was very little fluidity, kinda a bean mush, and some more salt, and garlic and onion powder, a tad of vegetable oil added, and put in a fry pan and fry til pasty, stirring occassionally so the edges of the beans in the pan start getting dry and then stired in til it the consistancy you like your refried beans. The forth day is bean burgers that you make out of the leftover refried beans.

Oh you might be wondering what kind of beans...and the answer is whatever you got, often ours started out as 7 bean soup or great northern beans tho pinto is the traditional bean for refried beans. The essential part of it is to taste along the way and if you like the taste when you are likely on the right track, and cooking to get the moisture out so you end up with a nice mush to fry into paste.

A lot of the family food i cook by remembering what it looks, tastes or smells like when it is right. And i personally skip the bean soup step as i am not a fan of soup and prefer the thicker stew. And i might add some ground chipolte in the mush for a slow to warm smoky flavor in the refried beans.

21087e3d-357a-4f4f-8e74-ad1789dc13c4_1.b135353458fd2bc8ac55717033ac8b24.jpg

Of all the things I don't need, this is the one I don't need the most. But, it's marked down to only $40 (walmart.com), with free shipping.

I absolutely love this! I wonder if they sell this anywhere in the UK, that would be a great Christmas present for my partner who loves whiskey + traveling.

@morning glory I believe the cubes on the right are whiskey stones. They are an alternative to ice (as ice is whiskey is a no-no) that cool your drink without diluting it.

My little pot arrived today. woohoo. Just the right size for a small portion of meatballs or ravioli lasagna.

Back
Top Bottom