Daft Question Time: Little Quirks

So how do you organise the contents of your freezer. My stuff just gets put in wherever there is space (upright freezer). I am constantly surprised as what is in there after removing an item that has been obscuring the view. I discovered a frozen woolly mammoth in there earlier this year!
The small freezer in the kitchen: top drawer has things like ice cubes, sliced lemons, ginger cubes, frozen herbs, whole chillies, stock....I tend to think of it as my "ingredients" drawer. The bottom drawer has cheese, frozen veg, icing and pastry (there is a logic there somewhere....I think...though I'm not sure what it is LOL). The other two drawers just get filled with whatever fits in the space.
We also have a chest freezer in the garage for larger items and things we buy in bulk - which are all just jumbled together.

Luckily hubby - who I suspect has a OCD-tendancies ;-) - makes a list of the entire freezer contents listed by drawer and marks them off as they are used. I do like the fact that I only have to look at a list rather than spend time rummaging around in a cold freezer (though I'm hopeless at remembering to cross things off when I use them!)

The small freezer in the kitchen: top drawer has things like ice cubes, sliced lemons, ginger cubes, frozen herbs, whole chillies, stock....I tend to think of it as my "ingredients" drawer. The bottom drawer has cheese, frozen veg, icing and pastry (there is a logic there somewhere....I think...though I'm not sure what it is LOL). The other two drawers just get filled with whatever fits in the space.
We also have a chest freezer in the garage for larger items and things we buy in bulk - which are all just jumbled together.

Luckily hubby - who I suspect has a OCD-tendancies ;-) - makes a list of the entire freezer contents listed by drawer and marks them off as they are used. I do like the fact that I only have to look at a list rather than spend time rummaging around in a cold freezer (though I'm hopeless at remembering to cross things off when I use them!)
I like the idea of the freezer list. I may get my partner on the case! He retired recently and needs to be given jobs to do. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom