10:30 PM
dark chocolate mousse.jpg

Ingredients:
130 gr dark chocolate ( I used 72%)
250 gr fresh cream
Sichuan peppercorns
Cinnamon stick

Method:
Cut the dark chocolate into pieces and put them in a bowl. Bring to a boil 125g of cream with sichuan peppercorns and cinnamon stick. Filter the cream with a strainer and pour it over the chocolate mixing with a whisk until it is smooth and homogeneous. Let it cool and whip the remaining cream with an electric whisk. Add the whipped cream with the chocolate and pour the mixture into a small bowl or glass. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.

Very interesting preparation. If these were any other peppercorns, it could have been a clash of flavors. But, sichuan peppercorns produce a numbing effect that's typically paired with spicy things. Does this result in the chocolate flavor becoming somewhat muted or less sweet? That would be a good thing, since I've had too many chocolate desserts that go overboard with sweetness. Some people like that sort of thing, but not me.

Very interesting preparation. If these were any other peppercorns, it could have been a clash of flavors. But, sichuan peppercorns produce a numbing effect that's typically paired with spicy things. Does this result in the chocolate flavor becoming somewhat muted or less sweet? That would be a good thing, since I've had too many chocolate desserts that go overboard with sweetness. Some people like that sort of thing, but not me.
I would not say it is a sweet dessert, there is no sugar and chocolate is dark but the pungent and citrus flavor of sichuan peppercorns takes away a little cloying effect. Sorry for the translation!

I would not say it is a sweet dessert, there is no sugar and chocolate is dark but the pungent and citrus flavor of sichuan peppercorns takes away a little cloying effect. Sorry for the translation!

I'm liking this dessert more and more! Your translation seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom