Deep Fryer

Godzilla with tree..jpg
A gallon is 128 ounces.
A gallon will fill my deep fryer twice.

WOW!!

A gallon is just too much oil to be used at once for deep frying! Unless you're deep frying for Godzilla. Hah!!! :ohmy:

Last edited:
WOW!!

A gallon is just too much oil to be used at once for deep frying! Unless you're deep frying Godzilla. Hah!!! :ohmy:
You obviously are not deep frying a turkey. I think those fryers take several gallons.

I had a large Waring deep fryer that took a gallon of oil, an electric turkey fryer that took close to 3 gallons of oil.
I decided to have just one deep fryer for most everything, which is why I chose the Presto Big Kettle Multi-Cooker. It can at least deep fry turkey parts very good. :wink:

I know I'm going to regret this...

Why are you deep frying turkey? or why do you deep fry turkey?

This goes way back. It first became popular in the South. One of my brothers who lived there told me about it and taught me how to do it. I've been liking it ever since.

His oldest son does it all the time, especially for Thanksgiving. It comes out with the skin crispy dry & golden brown, while the meat itself is moist, tender & juicy. Takes about 45 minutes to cook, depending on its weight and size. Here's more below. :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_fryer

Last edited:
Look on the upside - when the oil gets old just filter it and there you go - 3 gallons of fuel [if you have a diesel car that is]. Does make the exhaust smell "interesting" however.

Look on the upside - when the oil gets old just filter it and there you go - 3 gallons of fuel [if you have a diesel car that is]. Does make the exhaust smell "interesting" however.
Most people own gas powered cars not diesel. I think you also have to do something to the used cooking oil to make it into bio-diesel. I know unless you can get the oil super cheap, it is not economical to use cooking oil.

Most people own gas powered cars not diesel. I think you also have to do something to the used cooking oil to make it into bio-diesel. I know unless you can get the oil super cheap, it is not economical to use cooking oil.

You can only use either of 3 oils;
Peanut, Canola or Safflower (soybean.

Peanut oil being the most expensive.

Give it to the airlines! They are looking for newer ways to try to make the Boeing 787 Dreamliner more fuel efficient. Word is out that they are toying with the possibility of using used cooking oil to help fuel the planes. :wink:

Last edited:
You can only use either of 3 oils;
Peanut, Canola or Safflower (soybean.

Peanut oil being the most expensive.

Give it to the airlines! They are looking for newer ways to try to make the Boeing 787 Dreamliner more fuel efficient. Word is out that they are toying with the possibility of using cooking oil to help fuel the planes. :wink:
If we are talking deep frying a turkey, peanut oil is the one usually used. It is actually cheaper in bulk than canola oil. Or at least the peanut oil sold next to the turkey fryers.

I think you could also use avocado oil since it has a very high smoke point but the cost would be outrageous.

Back
Top Bottom