Difference in shoe sizes

I use M&S for their bra fitting service and underwear. Both are way better than any other store. The store in our town is like going back into the 1950's! Their clothes are so old fashioned however the store at the closer retail park is more up to date but their clothes are still behind the times.

It will be a shame to see them go but they haven"t moved very far forward.

Their beef and onion crisps are delicious :happy:
I've used that service too but some of the Tesco own brand underwear isn't bad either. I've shopped at the M&S outlet at Freeport near Braintree - the clothes are a lot cheaper than in the stores.

I like some of their sandwiches :happy:

I broke the heel catching it in the modern cobblestones outside where I used to work, and haven't worn them since. I may take them to a proper shoemenders and see if they can repair them. I can't wear stilettos any more, but as these are a little thicker they may be OK. It depends how much it will cost - they were only £4 to start off with :happy:

I've used that service too but some of the Tesco own brand underwear isn't bad either. I've shopped at the M&S outlet at Freeport near Braintree - the clothes are a lot cheaper than in the stores.

I like some of their sandwiches :happy:

We don't have a Tesco store near us only an express. I don't rate Asda or Sainsburys for underwear, clothes and shoes are ok but their pants are not that good.

Shoe sizes have certainly changed in recent years here in America. Men like to think they have big feet, so a size 11 several years ago is now a 12 or 12.5.

It's the opposite for women here. Ladies prefer to wear smaller labelled sizes.

Since no shoes are made in America any longer, it must be the idea of the manufacturer to sell to the needs of their market.

My wife, a shoe expert :cry:, often says that I should only buy certain brands because the mainstream are making athletic shoes more narrow and I have wide feet. Ducks and Hobbits are jealous. Just kidding.
I guess more narrow = less material in manufacturing, so you pay extra for what used to be normal widths.

I find 5 and a half size is the perfect fit but very few shoes are made in half sizes which is why I find it difficult sometimes.

I use M&S for their bra fitting service and underwear. Both are way better than any other store. The store in our town is like going back into the 1950's! Their clothes are so old fashioned however the store at the closer retail park is more up to date but their clothes are still behind the times.

It will be a shame to see them go but they haven"t moved very far forward.

Their beef and onion crisps are delicious :happy:

They are just rationalising so some stores are closing. It may not be that they are forever gone. We will see. They have plans for a superstore near me.

I broke the heel catching it in the modern cobblestones outside where I used to work, and haven't worn them since. I may take them to a proper shoemenders and see if they can repair them. I can't wear stilettos any more, but as these are a little thicker they may be OK. It depends how much it will cost - they were only £4 to start off with :happy:

£4 is cheap for a fetish shop.

Shoes i take somewhere between a u.s. womans size 6 to 7 1/2. The width is a big thing tho...i have a wide front of foot and a narrow heal...i figure from too much bare footing. So generally if i find a 6 or 6 1/2 wide it will work tho a 7 or 7 1/2 if is not a wide width. I can also fit a boys size 4 and tend to buy my sneekers from the boys department as the shoes last so much longer.

Back
Top Bottom