Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:34 AM
wpid-wp-1444918459700.jpeg

The Paella Cookalong feature has been very interesting with lots of excellent discussion and cooking! See here if you missed the action! We now need to decide on a new recipe/dish to cook along to. Here are some of the suggestions from before. (V) indicates vegetarian options. I’ve also added the Beef, Guinness and Mushroom Pie recipe posted in the recipe challenge by @classic33 as several people said they wanted to make it.

Rogan Josh
Crab Cakes
Croissants (V)
Tagine (V)
Ravioli (V)
Chicken Kiev
Beef, Guinness® And Mushroom Pot Pies

Please feel free to give your vote to one of the above or add thoughts and other suggestions. I'll give this a few days - then we decide!

Last edited:
You got brave then? I think you said before it daunted you somewhat. For me it is definitely a challenge as both times (only twice!) I cooked it, they leaked.

Well, as I said before, the appeal of Ravioli is the breadth of possibilities, both in the filling and in the sauce you serve with it. And actually, as @The Late Night Gourmet has shown, in the pasta as well! Dessert ravioli - now there's a thought.

But yes my previous attempt was a bit of a disaster and I was left with something of a feeling that it was all far more effort than it was worth. But again, after making that mushroom pasta the other day, I'm feeling ready for another delve into the world of ravioli. Like getting back on the horse after it has thrown you.

Another thought I have is bread. I'm not sure how many here make home-made bread and it is a bit of a broad canvas. I think it would need to be a particular kind of bread. Parathas have come up in a few discussions.

I would live to partici[ate but (sorry there is a chick on my keyboard and its pecking at the letters!) I need veggie minus diary... so I am well can only go for a tagine... in that list. unless I can swirch out the beef for tvp chunks in the beef guiness and mushroom pot pies...

I would live to partici[ate but (sorry there is a chick on my keyboard and its pecking at the letters!) I need veggie minus diary... so I am well can only go for a tagine... in that list. unless I can swirch out the beef for tvp chunks in the beef guiness and mushroom pot pies...

Why not Ravioli? No dairy involved. You can always add your own suggestions.

Too hot here for a cooking challenge. Will participate when the temps drop below 95°. (35C). Today will be 100. It sounds so much cooler in Celsius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom