Do you add bitter elements to your cooking?

I'm not too sure what bitter is, presumably because I don't use hardly any sugar - I'm still on the same 2 kg bag of white sugar that I started using a couple of years ago, and have only recently started using the 1 kg bag of brown sugar that I bought since I've been on here. I only use it for the occasional mug cake, or sometimes for adding to a sauce. Even the chocolate I use has no sugar, added or natural. I can't have grapefruit any more and can't really remember what it tastes like, love lemons, but any form of oranges taste very sweet to me so I don't have them very often. Arugula, radishes and radicchio don't taste the slightest bit bitter to me; in fact, I think radishes in particular are rather sweet. Same with pickles, whether I make my own or buy them they are tangy rather than bitter. The only thing I have regularly that is sweet is one of my medications - absolutely disgustingly sweet, so I keep a packet of mini pretzels in the cupboard and munch on them after I take the tablets.

Back
Top Bottom