Do you bake bread - and if not, would you like to do so?

Do you bake bread?

• Yes, regularly

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Quite often

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No, it frightens me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't have time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I would like to

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I made a loaf this week, it was a Wright's white loaf mix. It is very easy, mix the flour etc with some water - I do it in my Kenwood Prospero stand mixer, leave on the counter for five minutes, knead/stretch for two minutes, stand for five minutes, put in loaf tin, allow to rise then cook. Very little work and not much washing up.

I made a loaf this week, it was a Wright's white loaf mix. It is very easy, mix the flour etc with some water - I do it in my Kenwood Prospero stand mixer, leave on the counter for five minutes, knead/stretch for two minutes, stand for five minutes, put in loaf tin, allow to rise then cook. Very little work and not much washing up.

I've used those mixes before and they are good.

I have never made bread and haven't been interested however we have been watching an old Nigel Slater programme and there was a bit in a bakery where they made chocolate bread with choc chips, that caught my attention because it was more savoury than sweet, had a quick look for a recipe but they have all been sweet and gooey which is not what I am looking for, more research needs to be done.

I have a recipe for a savory chocolate bread. No chocolate chips though. It's served at The Outback chain restaurants in the U.S., i.e. Australian steakhouses supposedly. It's quite good. Besides using it for straight up eating, I'll make croutons with it for Caesar salad and will also use it as dippers for cheese fondue.

Back
Top Bottom