Do you cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day?

K M

Über Member
Local time
5:54 AM
I love to cook and I make breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. Here is what I usually have:

For breakfast I usually make a homemade egg, bacon, and cheese McMuffin and I might make some spicy breakfast potatoes on the side. If I am lazy I will make a pack of Quaker cinnamon or peaches and cream oatmeal with toast.

For lunch I usually have a turkey sandwich with baby spinach, swiss cheese, tomato, mustard, mayo, salt, and pepper on a french roll with plain Lay's potato chips on the side.

For dinner I make either garlic pasta with ravioli, meat loaf and garlic mashed potatoes, chicken enchiladas, or homemade bacon cheese burgers and fries.

People think I'm crazy for cooking 3 meals a day. Do you cook like this every day? If so, do people think you are crazy? Obviously on days that I am really tired or do not have time, I will just order pizza or get fast food, but that stuff doesn't taste as good as my own home cooking.

What do you think?

Well I hand it to you @K M! I don't do that. Although, I often cook for many enjoyable hours every day! But that's just me having fun inventing and exploring. To start with, everyone gets up at different times (and some here work shifts) and so it would be impossible to stick to the three meals. Evening meal is the only one which everyone eats (and even then at different times!). But perhaps you are cooking for just yourself? In which case I have to congratulate you even more. :) I'm useless if cooking for myself.

Yes is my answer to the thread's title. Although it is not exactly me who cooks but we cook everyday because we want meals that are not only hot but also fresh. In the morning, we fry egss when the diner is already on the table waiting because a fried egg not eaten within 5 minutes would turn bland in taste. With lunch or dinner, it is the same, we time the cooking with the eating such that we are all on the table before the fire in the stove is turned off... cooked just in time for eating.

Not every day, no. My breakfast is usually granola, yogurt and fruit so there's really no cooking there (I'm not a cooked breakfast fan, since they usually involve eggs which I can't stand!)

For lunch we will usually just have leftovers or fix ourselves a sandwich or something...so again there's no real cooking done there.

Dinner is almost a guarantee that we cook - unless we're getting together at a friends house or going out for a meal.

No I do not cook 3 meals day, I get breakfast which is usually cereal, oatmeal, yogurt or fruit. Lunch I mostly forget and dinner I cook at least 4 times a week. I have two teenage grandson's that are always hungry and are learning to feed themselves, so they can cook something at least 2 days during the week, mostly pizza.

Breakfast around here is usually grab and go, but usually at least one day during the weekend we make a big meal of it. During the week we all eat lunch at on our own. The kids bring their lunch for school and my husband and I bring our lunches to work. On the weekends, lunch and dinner tend to blend into one meal.

I don't personally but my fiance does most of the cooking but someday we just take it easy and have something simple rather then prepare a meal. He usually cooks me breakfast in bed before I head off to work but some mornings I just feel to have toast and a coffee. Lunch I usually prepare myself which is either leftovers from the day before or a sandwich. Sometimes he will make my sandwich while he is preparing breakfast. Dinner he usually prepares. Some nights we will just have leftovers.

The only meal that I fix pretty much every day is dinner. A good breakfast to me can easily be a bowl of cereal or some oatmeal. Other times I will make some eggs but that only happens when I am not swamped with work.

I almost always cook breakfast. Lunch is sometimes a sandwich, sometimes a bowl of cereal. Dinner depends on my mood and hunger level. I only have to worry about myself right now, so often dinner is something fairly simple, such as a baked potato or sweet potato, or is often leftovers.

I always cook my own breakfast. It's really simple anyway and sometimes I just have a cup of coffee but most of the time I just have a sausage, a sunny side up and fried rice.

For lunch I buy a sandwich at my work canteen. I can't be bothered to wash dishes in the afternoon.

Dinner is usually the time I cook up something fancy with red wine maybe a steak and vegetable combo but I'm partial to Thai, Chinese and Mexican takeout too. I'm not much of a pizza fan due to my Asian heritage.

Oh goodness no, I do not cook 3 meals a day. My family is very lucky when I cook 2 meals in a single day. Dinner is usually cooked at home, but breakfast is normally cereal or something quick, and lunch is usually sandwiches and chips. Sometimes on my day off from work I will cook up pancakes and eggs for breakfast, but that does not happen all of the time.

I usually only cook one meal a day, which is dinner. My partner doesn't eat breakfast, just a coffee on the way to work, and if I have something it doesn't usually require cooking. A banana or apple with some sunflower seed butter is good enough. I don't normally eat lunch either, if I do it's likely to be either raw fruit and veg or a dinner roll or something.

The main motivation for this is that I hate doing anymore dishes than I have to, so I try to avoid making a mess in the kitchen until it's dinner time and there's no choice. I'm a clean freak when it comes to my kitchen, but I also kind of hate cleaning so I only want to dirty it up if I'm making a real, full meal...or some delicious baking :)

I love to cook everyday. I'm in the middle of renovating my kitchen so I haven't been able to cook but when I did have a kitchen I would make all 3 meals and even late night snacks. On weekends I make bacon, eggs, homefries or pancakes. For lunch it can be homemade soup or sandwiches. For supper it could be meatloaf, pasta, roasts, stir fries. I love to cook but I don't like the clean up.

Back
Top Bottom