Do you drink Prosecco?

Oh dear I'm going to out myself as a bit of a chav...

Wetherspoons sell it for £9.99 a bottle, so I often drink it when out with the girls for a night on the town. I'm a bit annoyed as it was always my drink of choice before becoming "trendy" but as it wasn't so readily available it felt like a treat, where as now (with it even being sold by the glass in the cheapest of waterholes) it's become less so for me.

Having said that I love it though, and I love nothing more than a pop of that cork, and the fizz.

Your interpretation of chav is clearly different to mine, I consider you a nice educated person :laugh: :wink:

I am a grand fan of Prosecco, from Veneto, Italy ´s most important designation of Prosecco, a beautiful White or Rosé Sparkling Wine ..

I am also a grand fan of Cava, which is a White Sparkling Wine produced in: Sant Sadurni d´ Anoia, Barcelona; 35 kilometres north west from the City of Barcelona ..

Obviously, I adore French Champagne produced in Reims, the designation of Champagne in France ..

I enjoy the 3 with salads, shellfish, and fish lunches and / or dinner .. All three are a household staple ..

Do I drink Prosecco? Make that a big YES! And like @Francesca also Cava and Champagne, though not so much Champagne any more as I think there are better value Crémants around that can quite easily compete with Champagne in terms of quality. For the last couple of years we have spent some time in Alsace: they also make some fabulous Crémants - we always stock up with a few cases to bring home with us.

English sparkling wine (I don't think we have a special name for it?) is also really nice and is winning lots of awards.

I'm a bit annoyed as it was always my drink of choice before becoming "trendy" but as it wasn't so readily available it felt like a treat, where as now (with it even being sold by the glass in the cheapest of waterholes) it's become less so for me.
I know how you feel....we started drinking Prosecco back in the early 00s, and we actually served it instead of Champagne at our wedding reception. Back then it wasn't really well known, and though it was fabulously cheap it still felt special :okay: Sadly now its become very mainstream and whilst I still really enjoy drinking it, I think its lost some of it's sparkle (if you'll forgive the pun) :(

@MrsDangermouse

Prosecco (Italy), Cava ( Spain) and French Champagne or Cremants can be run of the mill, fair, intermediate, very good or excellent. It all depends on the grape harvest of that specific year, the climate and the level the winery is targeting. They are wines .. And still wines as well ..

I have bought Mediocre Cavas for 5 to 8 Euros a bottle and I have bought cases of Juve y Camps Cava that are grand reserve that are 75 Euros a bottle retail. The same for Prosecco or any other wine, still or "sparkling" ..

Have a nice day ..

Do I drink Prosecco? Make that a big YES! And like @Francesca also Cava and Champagne, though not so much Champagne any more as I think there are better value Crémants around that can quite easily compete with Champagne in terms of quality. For the last couple of years we have spent some time in Alsace: they also make some fabulous Crémants - we always stock up with a few cases to bring home with us.

English sparkling wine (I don't think we have a special name for it?) is also really nice and is winning lots of awards.

I know how you feel....we started drinking Prosecco back in the early 00s, and we actually served it instead of Champagne at our wedding reception. Back then it wasn't really well known, and though it was fabulously cheap it still felt special :okay: Sadly now its become very mainstream and whilst I still really enjoy drinking it, I think its lost some of it's sparkle (if you'll forgive the pun) :(
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom